The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

I think my Oil pump is going out

Ok i installed some Boost Gauges and my Oil Press Gauge is marking my oil Press at about low 20-10PSI and doesn't go any higher than that even when on the free way... I have notice there is a noise coming from the engine its a ticking noise like if it were the lifters I been told..Ill Boost a Video to show you guys Wat im talking about..

Does any one know what my Oil Pressure is oppose to be at when im driving on the Freeway crusing about 70mph cause mine stays about low 20Psi and is makeing a ticking noise...........And what do you Guys think about this oil pumps im thinking of buying one cause i think mine is going out...Any Advice Would Really Help this My Daily Driver and would want to get this Fixed ASAP Before Something really Breaks click click

Last edited by a moderator:

In my experience the oil pump either works or doesn't work. You do have the sender connected to the oil filter housing and not the head right?

GSX_TC

After the motor has reached normal operating temp the oil pressure should read around 10-20 psi at idle. And up to 90 psi on full throttle.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned