The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

I am an idiot - walking a tight rope of fortune and fame...

sleepyvr4

Sorry - Counting Crows quote...

Anyways - perhaps I am certifiable ???

OP7_9442.jpg

sleepyvr4

please forgive the sigma 24mm macro - he knows not of corner sharpness on the full frame d700...
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif

Gimpin

thats alot of of mods for a 14b ... why not put the money from the aluminum drive shaft towards a good turbo

sleepyvr4

good idea. forget the low 12's I ran with the last 14b on a shitty setup... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

NateCrisman

Aluminum flywheel saves far more weight than the aluminum driveshaft and it's bigger diameter thus the rotating factory is better.

Polish

I'd do a twin disk if you're going for all out 14b ET.

Not that an ACT can't handle the power but they are known for dragging at high RPM causing premature trans wear and slower shifts.

Also I'd pick a Felpro MLS over a Cometic.

sleepyvr4

really? Twin? I personally do not plan on high rpm or swlow shifts...

felpro = choice of good for yoooo imho...

KT

I'm only seeing port work in two ports. Although it will be cheaper, you'll probably need bigger injectors for those ports, making it hard to tune unless you can control the flow to each injector individually. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

NateCrisman

Id also think about hunting down an extrude honed intake manifold.. Still keeps the low rpm powrband and picks up just a bit of extra flow, it's a good combo w/ a litle turbo.

Lonewolf64

I may be nitpicking, but why do you plan to block the coolant line on your 14b? I figure that mitsu knew what they were doing when they made the turbo both water and oil cooled. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Olson

only reason its water cooled is for the retards tat beat the car pull in the drive way and shut it right off

deez

Wow, you must have been bored, or need therapy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

sleepyvr4

jeebus - I obviously can't draw or remember any of this sh*t (it's been 3 years!!!)

I left out a few goodies - anyhow in lieu of project goodwill I think I can pull an 11 sec daily on pump with this scheme. Idunno. Just drew it up at work and had to laugh at it with everyone here. sh*t - I don't even own a car lol...

Surprised I didn't hear a Hublot inquiry - GUESS NO ONE KNOWS...

I love the balance shafts removed written as "BS removed" because that is EXACTLY what those are BS!

The cool thing about this setup is, you can make it fast and beat that 14b and then if you choose to in the future make bigger power with a bigger turbo, because you'll be setup for it!
I too would do a flywheel over a drive shaft, it's like 1/3 the price and you stand to gain more.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned