The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

hx35

alansupra94

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

You mentioned that logs are better at low end spooling, which they are.

I just stated I am using an undivided manifold.

curtis

I know someone that has an HX40 on his with the stock style radiator. Let me see if I can find a picture

Diego

But he crushed/dented the waterpipe to fit it right? Right? ^^^^

curtis

Damn can't find it.

4thStroke

I meant logs as in data logs.

It's most accurate to tell when the turbo sees full boost through a log than the eyes darting back and forth between the boost gauge and tach.

Last edited:

alansupra94

Ah those logs.

I will be looking at dsmtuners to see if people have hard evidence and logs.

I will post my find here.

chrisb33

here's a vr4.org member that's using hx35 on his vr4. we had a couple of pm's back and he said that he didnt have to do any modifications on his radiator. well i believe he's using the bolt on mitsu housing fp manifold combo. dont know if that freed up some space though.

click me

chrisb33

boostin4door's pm to me:

It fits great w/the FP header. I had to rotate the comp. a 'tiny bit' to help w/water pipe clearance. [didn't really need to dent it]. Also, had to 'notch' the lower motor mount to clear the drain hose. Although some guys use a 45'degree fitting on the drain hose which works ok. But I like the 'straight' down flow of the oil going to the oil pan. IMO I have a high quality 4ply.[EXTremePsi]silicone 90'degree[2" to 2.5"]elbow on the compress. outlet w/T-Bolts to the 2.5' pipe. I'm running my piping 'under' at the base of the radiator, in front of the alt. curving though a factory hole to another 90'degree 2.5" coupler to the FMIC. All 2.5' piping. I also wrapped it w/header wrap[Ebay] due to it being right under the turbine housing [radiant heat]. I also wrapped the piping after the FMIC up into the bay.

chris b

Boostdtalon

Quoting alansupra94:
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

You mentioned that logs are better at low end spooling, which they are.

I just stated I am using an undivided manifold.

if I'm correct I think he meant data logs. Not log manifolds.

Well my hx 40 should be here in about 2 days. so hopefully monday night I'll be doing hks 264 cams and the turbo.
Wish my luck.

Thanks for the response guys.

thecman02

Well I'm using a Holset Hx40.

Here's the run down.

-On my 2.3 Stock Cam/Stock Intake Manifold Bolt On Housing HX40 with a roll on from 2000 in third gear I get positive boost by 2250. 10psi at 3250 and 25 which is where I have it set around 3700. The tune isn't really optimized for quick spool. It is just a ruff tune to avoid knock while having 11:1 on premium and 12:1 on E85.

-The turbo "should fit" if you have a setup where you have the outlet clocked down and one of those low profile tial wastegates.. Mine unfortunately is setup following the stock turbo path. The regular tial 38mm wastegate running a punishment recirculating O2 was hitting the end of the stock radiator and the outlet was resting against the radiator.

If I had to do it all over again I would have stuck an E316G until I had the $$$ for a FP GT30 bolt on setup.

The Holset is a great turbo for cars with room.

I ended up coming out more expensive then a bolt on 30r setup and the only real positive is that if I need a rebuild they are very cheap.

belize1334

I bet with a scirroco style radiator there'd be room. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

thecman02

Yeah. If keeping the A/C is no big deal the Scirroco radiator is great and leaves tons of space. : /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

If anyone has any pics of a hx35 or hx 40 on their galant it would help me greatly to be able to see them.
TJ

I don't have any pics to post but I am running an HX-35 on 1336/2000. I am using an EVO3 with the Bulls Eye Power .55 A/R housing. Yeah, it was a tight fit, and yes I had to dent the water pipe, but only because I didn't use a FP mani. I installed the turbo with Rad. out and the stocker fan did not work but that was an easy fix. I plan on blowing every part of my drive train with this turbo, around 450-500 on stocker drive train /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

85tr

Ill try and get some pics of mine up tonight , it is with a holset 12cm housing thought so i dont know how fitmint will differ from a bullseye housing.

curtis

Quoting p77iceman:
If anyone has any pics of a hx35 or hx 40 on their galant it would help me greatly to be able to see them.
TJ

Click the link above which is the members page for Milton's ride. I was there when it original went on and later he sent it down to me for a port job and is now running on the car once more.

cheekychimp

Quoting 85tr:
Ill try and get some pics of mine up tonight , it is with a holset 12cm housing thought so i dont know how fitmint will differ from a bullseye housing.

Does that Holset housing have a divided exhaust?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned