The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

How to remove Jdm fog lights

PolskiVR4

Is there any trick to this? My car came with the Jdm front bumper and fogs and I'm unfamiliar with removing and or installing them.

turbowop

There are four screws holding each fog light in. They are hidden behind a cover on each side of the light that is held in by one screw.

PolskiVR4

I should have specified that I'm removing the non projector fogs. I have the projector fogs to instal in their place. The non projector fogs seem to only have screws on the front that hold the actual lense onto the entire assembly.

PolskiVR4

Alright thanks. I thought they would just remove the lense and not the whole housing.

fuel

they are long screws. Just a word of caution, if your JDM bumper was originally from a pre-facelift model (ie the same model as those non-projector lamps came from) then you wont be able to fit the facelift projectors properly. You will need to pull the bumper and trim the bumper reinforcement metal skeleton as the projector housings are larger in some places.

GSX_TC

Wow def did not know that. Thanks for telling us that Phillip.

turbowop

Quoting fuel:
they are long screws. Just a word of caution, if your JDM bumper was originally from a pre-facelift model (ie the same model as those non-projector lamps came from) then you wont be able to fit the facelift projectors properly. You will need to pull the bumper and trim the bumper reinforcement metal skeleton as the projector housings are larger in some places.

I think it's the other way around. My bumper originally came with projector fogs. When I went to install blinker fogs, I had to trim the metal. Now I'm back to projector fogs and the brackets still work and hold the lights just fine.

PolskiVR4

Interesting, I will help clear this up soon when I get some time off from work.

fuel

Quoting turbowop:
Quoting fuel:

I think it's the other way around. My bumper originally came with projector fogs. When I went to install blinker fogs, I had to trim the metal. Now I'm back to projector fogs and the brackets still work and hold the lights just fine.

I think you're right it's been a while since I did the swap too! I just vividly remember having to trim for one set.

misterfixit

Non projector bumper frame has an extra bar running top to bottom in the middle of the opening.

Use a slotting disc from the back (bumper off the car) and trim it out and the projector fogs'll slip right in.

Rich

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned