The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

How much did you pay for your JDM bumpers?

FCR

$100 rear / $175 front that was in Puerto Rico /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

rdomeck

Quoting EMX5636:
I'm considering trying this JNR. I have a buddy who scored me a clean white front bumper, so I'll probably try and use my slightly dinged up one as a test dummy. I would like to retain the rear flap and be able to bolt it to the inner fender. I'll probably use some sort of SMC adhesive to re-attach it. I know a couple people that do a lot of Corvette bodywork, and I've used the stuff to bond panels on my Fiero and the sh*t sticks. Don't expect pics anytime soon though!

The Vette adhesive would be a bad choice to use on bumpers. I have used a fare amount of it and it is good stuff, but not flexible enough for bumper repair. You need to look into some of the SEM plastic glue's. I would have to pull the data sheets to get the exact part number you would need...... You would be best served to glue the two sections together with another piece of the same material backing it up the same way you would weld two pieces of metal together in a structural application.

JNR

I was thinking of picking one of these up for some other things and imagine it would work just fine for the bumper plastic; with practice of course. However, being I'm mostly interested in doing pipe and tubing pieces, will probably get something else or just do the poor mans method; make a centering jig, heat up a plate melt the ends, bond and cool...could do it with the body panels too, theoretically, but damn that would be tricky to try and keep it 'centered' unless you made a jig of some sort that matched the contours and of course a helper.

turbowop

Too much work for something that looks no better than a stock JDM bumper, IMO.

At least if something happens to a JDM bumper, no biggs, get a new one. Something happens to the bumper you spend an uber amount of time customizing? Too bad, yer fucked. Start over. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

kama1

Down here its 300usd max with fogs for the fronts,150 max for the rear.all depending on the conditon of the bumper and if it comes with fogs or not.
paint is 50 per bumper.

Shipping rates and redtape here is the killer if you want it stateside.

Amg kits are rare here too,ive seen them go for as low as 1500 and as high as 4500-5500
There was even an amg wing that sold for 900

And they(some folks here)still complain about it being too expensive.

jnava

Staff member
Kama, I have about 11 of those AMG guys on my FB, in hopes that one day..........

EMX5636

Quoting rdomeck:
The Vette adhesive would be a bad choice to use on bumpers. I have used a fare amount of it and it is good stuff, but not flexible enough for bumper repair. You need to look into some of the SEM plastic glue's. I would have to pull the data sheets to get the exact part number you would need...... You would be best served to glue the two sections together with another piece of the same material backing it up the same way you would weld two pieces of metal together in a structural application.

Yeah, that's probably true. I've used SEM's stuff before for fiberglass, I guess I'll look into their glue/epoxy if/when the time comes.

MellowVR4

it would be a find of the year if you find some at a junkyard /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

GSX_TC

More like find of the decade! Haha

Gmoney1983

I got lucky too,my front came with the car. Still need a rear one, didn't know they were quite that expensive. Time to start saving my pennies.

raptorWagon

350 for a primered front bumper with chrome strip area filled in + 150 shipping from FL to WA + 150 for projector fogs = so 650 total basically, later on bought some amber projectors for around $100 and swapped those into fog housings.

Then I traded all that stuff to Paul (thedsmguy) + cash for a Supra R154 transmission and a Bill Hincher Bellhousing.

Jesus_Negros

Good trade! R154's are really hard to find around here /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Vr4junkie

Quoting MellowVR4:
that is a lot of dough for just bumpers, but they look so much better, either this or shorten the usdm bumpers.

Heres a link of someone here that shortened a usdm bumper it looks alot better that what it already is click

MellowVR4

I wanna see the lip part of it, by the wheel well, thats the tough part.

acidrumz

My rs front bumper and hood came along with car purchase.
I believe i bought the rear bumper a year ago for under 400 shipped.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned