The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

High Performance Intake Manifolds

Well, It was my comment that was deleted for some reason. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif Why, I have no idea but frankly it really pissed me off! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif What I said was to this effect:

I mean no disrespect and offense to any one here but I regret purchasing the JONVR4 Intake Manifold. It has been nothing but trouble from day one. I had to have the "main" flange milled 3 times which cost me over $120.00 because it was so warped. Than on top of that I had to have the throttle body flange milled because that was warped as well. And of course, I found this out after it was installed and had to be removed multiple times! The intake is still leaking at the throttle body and before any one asks: Yes, I used new gaskets when I installed it. I originally thought I was getting a deal on a SMIM but I truly feel I made a huge error in judgment. I ordered my Magnus Mani with all the works today to rectify the situation.

Just my .02 Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ohhh Faustus....someday you will listen to me..my son!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

a_santos

might have to look into getting my Cyclone extrude honed.

Just my opinion, but I would stick with the stock manifolds, be it US, or cyclone. They are plenty good for a lot of HP, and I think money can be better spent somewhere else.

VR4coop

I ended up going with a Stock US extrude honed intake. It isnt on the car yet. After doing some research and figuring out what i wanted from my car i realized that any of the " High Performance" Intakes were not worth it for me.

Intake manifold design requires far more work than most people think. Cams come into play, exhaust manifold, veolcity, etc. I'm not convinced anyone has it right yet. I plan on getting a custom intake manifold made when I go full race, but that's a long way off.

I'm sticking with a extrude honed stocker for now (thanks CO VR4!).

twkd

How's this for an intake mani? Plenum can vary depending on your need, also choice of stock t/body setup or Mustang 75mm. Maintain factory runners for low end torque & huge plenum for hi flow up top suckas. Who wants some more of this? Contact Steven Wright 9am-5pm 954 290 0145 or email Wrightouch Automotive & Supertuning. Tell him I sent you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Those are velocity stacks which are at the top of every runner in a Magnus SMIM. They are a free option now, which I guess means they are standard and not options any more. Those bastards changed the pricing policy the very next day after they charged me for those! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif Oh Well, I still like it and would recommend it to anyone else.

Faustus the only reason you recommend it is because I told you its the sh*t!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif...and of course its going on my car... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

boostx

any dyno runs

I dont have the Magnus on yet but from what I see you lose a hair down below and pick up 20whp and it doesnt drop off..

Quote:
Faustus the only reason you recommend it is because I told you its the sh*t!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif...and of course its going on my car... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Yep, That's the only reason I bought it. Because TurboBoy told me to. I really wish I could develop a mind of my own... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Quote:
How's this for an intake mani? Plenum can vary depending on your need, also choice of stock t/body setup or Mustang 75mm. Maintain factory runners for low end torque & huge plenum for hi flow up top suckas. Who wants some more of this? Contact Steven Wright 9am-5pm 954 290 0145 or email Wrightouch Automotive & Supertuning. Tell him I sent you.

I thought the whole point of a SMIM was to get rid of the OEM Runners...Isn't that the most restrictive part of an OEM Intake Manifold? Just wondering...

G

Staff member
a friend of mine runs an evo 3 mani that's been extrude honed, seems to be a good setup.

14u2nV

side view of the big one please, and why didn't you go ahead and have the stock part of it polished?

gaylantvr4

Also isn't ams releasing an intake manifold for ous soon? There design look svery nice when I seen it on tuners

I thought the whole point of a SMIM was to get rid of the OEM Runners...Isn't that the most restrictive part of an OEM Intake Manifold? Just wondering...

Not with a nice port job. Aslo keep in mind that the short runners only make the additional power up in honda vtec rpm range. The factory runners will keep you happy all the way through the power band.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts