The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Helpful tip for people with poorly running (missing) cars

Terry Posten

I found a dead injector after my car was in storage over the winter.

I sent my injectors out to be cleaned and flow tested.

I just got off the phone with Rich, the owner of Cruzin Performance. He has informed me that anybody running an alcohol blended fuel will need to be aware of injectors that can become stuck after the car has sat for a little bit. This could be from sitting for as little as a week under the right conditions.

It is recommended that if you are going to be storing (not starting) the car for over a month to remove the injectors and spray them out with WD40, injector cleaner, or run straight gas through them before storage.

So, if your car starts missing, check the injectors to make sure they are ALL feeding fuel.

The easiest way to confirm that your injectors are feeding fuel is to start the car and let idle. 1 at a time, unplug each injector and the motor revs should die down and start to stumble. Once you confirm that injector is firing, plug back in, let motor idle stabilize and repeat with the other injectors.

belize1334

Most loggers will also let you disable injectors one at a time.

Brianawd

This happenS to my car all the time when I let it sit for a few weeks. Its a easy fix. I just give each injector a good lite tap with a screwdrive and deadblow hammer. That has worked every time. I also pull them out ever so offten and spray them out with carb cleaner. So far my old school 1600s are still working great.

Mine have been sitting, can I just soak them in seafoam? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned