The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

HELP! Have a old/broken Greddy profec b Spec FOUND IT!!!!

381gvr4

I just picked up a NIB Greddy profec B original from 90's. Problem and I always have this happen, is its missing the harness from the controller to the solenoid. Called Greddy. Its discontinued... They laughed and stated its 2010, no $h*t, LOL!!! Its two pin, two wire green/white harness about 6 or so feet that feeds through the firewall and to the solenoid..... Anyone have one they could sell??? I know I could cut and butt connect it but I WANT to TRY to find one. Even if you could sell the clips from another greddy product ie EGT gauge. Keep in mind I need both female ends. See pics...... Thanks in advance, Russ

Last edited:

Romanova

I have some extra Greddy odds and ends laying around from an extra boost gauge where the control box died. Let me check tomorrow and see if it's anything you can use.

381gvr4

Thanks! Let me know.

boostedinaz

Send a PM to Punisher. He bought my old Talon and I had that same exact ProfecB in it (loved it) and I know he was thinking of getting rid of it. Couldn't hurt to ask if he would sell parts.

381gvr4

^Done! I think it will be tough to get someone to part with a working setup /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif May try the local computer store for some new male/female connectors and splice them in..... The search continues/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cyclops.gif

381gvr4

Quoting boostedinaz:
Send a PM to Punisher.

He sold it already! The guy finally emailed me back and said that there is no harness from the controller to the solenoid. Also said he checked it himself before shipping, ugh!!! Sent some pics. See if I hear back.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

381gvr4

I shall get it working, King /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

You know how picky I am! I have searched since May 08 for a new one. Computer store trip tomorrow..... No doubt about getting it going /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

boostedinaz

Even hen I bought mine a few years ago they were hard to find. It took me almost 5 months to find a new in box version.

EMX5636

I have the same Profec B laying around and I have no interest in running it. (already running HKS EVC-EZ) I'll check in my toolbox tomorrow to make sure I have what you need. PM me an offer for the whole setup! Thanks!

Justin

381gvr4

I dont think I want to own 2. If it comes down to it iI will change the clips andmake my own harness. Any chance you are missing some and sell harness alone????

Thanks to EVERYONE for your help /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

RedTwo

I'll check the garage, those plugs look familiar to the random loom that came with my retro HKS gauges... then again we aren't exactly in adjacent states /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

RedTwo

I'm pretty sure this is the same loom - I will get a good photo of the plugs for you to confirm.

381gvr4

^ Thanks. The search continues.........

381gvr4

FOUND IT! I ended up Googling pics of spec b and spec b II. Took along time but finally found some conclusive evidence that they were the same. Called greddy for Spec II harness part number and referenced it and its the same. The reason that it didn't show up is because the Spec I is so old they deleted all part listings....

Its in the mail... on clearance no less /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hyper2.gif

click

Last edited:

381gvr4

What model?? I will look around in the same fashion. Now that I've done it, it wont take long!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned