The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

headlight removal

Jesh

well sense this is the place to ask stupid questions i guess i'll get to it. how do you remove the passenger side headlight? i can see some screws behind the turn signal that i believe should come out but i have no clue how to get to them, if someone has pictures of the headlight bracket or anything like that, would be very helpful thanks.

pwrneeds90

There isnt stupid question just stupid answer's lol. There's only four screws two in back of the turn signal and the other 2 you have to take off the grill.

Jesh

how do i get to the screws behind the turn signal?

pwrneeds90

Well remove the turn signal all u gotta do is pull it out and that's it.

Jesh

lol... i had a feeling it would be something simple. thanks man

There's a spring & 2 tabs that hold in the corner lights. Open the bonnet & you'll see a spring hook right behind the corner lights. Un-hook it & push the housing towards the front of the car. For the driver's side, you need to remove the overflow bottler to get to the hook.

Jesh

found it. thanks guys, your way better than a chiltons manual /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

By far more helpful than any manual.
Wait till you remove the front bumper, thats a fun one.

twonineseven

Bumers not that bad... well the first time, but if you were like me and had to do it 7 times in a span of 3 days you become a pro at it hahaha

I have a feeling by the time my FMIC is finally installed, I to should be a pro at it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hertz

Staff member
I dunno if you dove into the headlights already or not, but in my years I think I've managed to snap every single bolt on on both headlights. Use PB blaster before removing and I would suggest applying some anti-seize before reassembly. Nothing is more annoying than flickering/bouncing headlights.

Jesh

haha... 7 times in 3 days? thats not fun. i've dropped my tranny 4 times, and had the cylinder head off 5 times. i must say i'm getting pretty dang good at it :p

Luckily I had no bolts break. Appreciate the info about the PB for next time though.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned