The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Headlight Bulbs

Chase

What are any of you guys running that give good visibility that aren't running an HID. I don't really want to run HIDs in a non projector housing. It doesn't disperse the light properly. So I'm looking for a gold bulb in a reasonable price range.

Struc

Lots of 80w 9006 and 100w 9005 bulbs out there. The extra wattage helps a lot.

I had also done a headlight rewire on mine, which also increases the light output.

Edit: Here is the thread: click

Last edited:

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
I have some great very white PIAA bulbs in one of my cars. Don't recall if they are higher wattage.

mitsuturbo

I'm not sure if you are aware, but it's VERY easy to put "hi beam" bulbs in the "low beam" socket.
You just pull the little yellow thing out of the headlight plug with a pick, and trim the little mounting tab on the top of the plastic so it fits in the housing properly. Oh, and i think you need to put a different, or additional O-ring on the bulb as well, since it's a bit smaller in diameter.

It's a LOT brighter, and your headlights still point to where they're supposed to so you don't blind oncoming traffic.

bmxr152

Throw in some HIR 1 or 2 bulbs! They bolt in with no mods basically and are super bright, equal almost to HID but with a nice white light. Kinda pricy but well worth the money IMO. Check em out

Chase

Thanks for the options. I look into them. Have to do something since these suck. Im sure having to have them on the same side isn't helping. the wires on the passenger side dont work for some reason. they've never been spliced so I dont get that one.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned