The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

head cover gasket?

what would in your opinions would be the best head cover gasket that i should buy, i noticed that i have destroyed my gasket espeasialy the 4 little round ones that are where the spark plugs go in by.

fivestardsm

slap.gif

I think you mean valve cover gasket. Oh and BTW, I actually had one that was from e-bay and it was surprisingly good quality. I would not frown at saving money with one. That or you can get a felpro for around 20-30 bucks, or a factory for something like $50.

Last edited:

I obviously didnt read that correct. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/idea.gif

prove_it

Your looking to get the valve cover gasket, which is the big seal that goes around the outer edge of the cover and the four tube seals that go around the spark plug holes. Just get a set from a parts store. Fel-pro works good, however I have had some minor issues with fel-pro valve cover gasket. This isn't a critical gasket so you can pretty much use whatever. Worse thing would be it leaks some oil and you have to do it again. No big deal, won't damage the engine.

Cool il go to my loca mitsu dealer and get some factory ones, or il just try the felpro ones you guys suggested, thnx alot il let you guys no if i can get her started after this with sme new caps and plugs, BTW would you guys prefer NGK spark plugs, or is there somthing better for my engine????

prove_it

I will only run NGK plugs. In my experience autolite plugs fail all the time, even the race plugs. NGK quaility and price can't be beat.

Get NGK bpr6es is your car is stock, no boost mods otherwise pick up a set of bpr7es if you got some mods done.

Last edited:

fivestardsm

Quoting Sw4n3e:
Cool il go to my loca mitsu dealer and get some factory ones, or il just try the felpro ones you guys suggested, thnx alot il let you guys no if i can get her started after this with sme new caps and plugs, BTW would you guys prefer NGK spark plugs, or is there somthing better for my engine????

The last I checked when you buy the factory ones, you only get the outer gasket, and then you have to buy the spark plug hole gaskets seperately. Basically it would almost coast you 3X the money to buy the OEM. But you could check out JNZ for them. click Make sure to find out if theirs has all five parts.

Last edited:

chucklesas

partsdinosaur

Wizardawd

Fel-pro number for 1g is VS50041R

But, here's a tip, use the 2g number VS50434R, it's like $30 instead of the 1g for $40-50. Not sure why since it's exactly the same just a smaller box. However, parts stores stock the 1g one, the 2g one has to be ordered, but it's usually a next day item anyways.

Wiz

Last edited:

CarRacer

I'd change over to the Evo style half moon seal while you are in there. It's only a couple bucks from the dealer and it's reusable because it's metal not rubber.

Valve cover gasket. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif
The evo plug definitely looks better.

SmoothCustomer

Quoting Dbossman:
Valve cover gasket. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif
The evo plug definitely looks better.

I don't think you know what you're talking about because you can't really see that small seal very much. This is it from a normal dsm Click . It goes under the valve cover towards the fron of the car on the passengers side. Don't forget to rtv in the well for this seal, and on the seal, and where the cam gear area is on the top of the head surface.

CarRacer

Quoting Sw4n3e:
where can i get this Evo plug? havent heard of it, got a part number?

I searched here but those threads must be dead. I'm sure you can call a dealer or JNZ and get a number and price. I know it was around $5 when I bought mine.

maroonmetallic

03-06 EVO VIII Metal half moon seal - MD372348

This and more part numbers for our cars can be found HERE .

CR, you fail at searching.

-Shawn

As far as durability and longevity. Not like make your engine bay pop, looks. Thanks for the link though.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned