The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Gvr4 or turbo mustang ?

Tudds

Yeah he has a 69 ss and a 69 z28. Both orange.

I would turbo the Camaro but I've had it since 1500 miles and hate screwing it up(plus it would need a clutch(1500) and a new rear (2500) and is a pain in the ass to work on)

prove_it

Sexy 69. best year imo

Tudds

Yeah they are nice to look at and sound good but drive terribly. I don't really like all the attention either.

Tudds

I have my craigslist Alerts set and I'm waiting

Launch

Why not both?
I've got a '92 gvr4 project, and a 88/90 GT that I'm reviving. I've also had the pleasure of owning a modded 02' SS camaro with a Procharger, 3 fuel pumps, Bosch 150s, LS7 maft/SD card. 'twas a bad bitch, tear up 315's and ran on ethanol later in life and made over 700.
Now the fox gets a true cage and suspension buildup, then a LS2/T56 swap with a boom stick and some square port heads.
It's all about what you want to do with it. The gvr4 is getting strengthened up for street duty and light autoX, and fox for the weekend warrior/road race car.
To each their own

Tudds

I can try to swing both but I have other expensive hobbies as well.

prove_it

Cocaine is a hell of a drug.. jk /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Tudds

At least it's carbon fiber

Tudds

Why's it upside down?

dsmless

I would like tonow were this turbo kit is for the 5.0, would like to put it on my swapped 60's mustang I will buy someday soon

Jesus_Negros

Tonow were?

Tudds

click

It's designed around a different body style than your car but I'm sure the manifolds would make your build a lot easier.

Talked with the boss, said I can get both. Time to scrape some money together. I went to move the fox and the battery was dead. I jumped it and this little simple engine rumbled to life. I sat it in when it idled and I knew I can't sell it

donniekak

Putting boost through a mustang 5.0 block is not a good idea. The blocks crack from the main journals into the cam valley right in half at as low as 400whp. The aftermarket blocks are fine, but not cheap.

diambo4life

I would swap a Coyote or LS1 motor into that Mustang. Our cars are great but the drivetrains are atrocious. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Tudds

Anyone have a price range for an engine/transmission ?
Found a roller. I don't know if I'm getting ahead of myself but these motors seem to come in and out relatively easy. Seems like a motor mount on each side and a brace under the car.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned