The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

GVR4 I bought approx 2.5 years ago

So I bought this car maybe 2.5 years ago & slowly put it back together. The car was missing the front windshield, motor, tranny, ecu & bunch of odds & ends. Fast forward 2.5 years later, the car has been up & running for about 6 mths now. The fresh stock motor has ~4k miles on it, a/c works but has a leak in the line somewhere, 4ws still intact & it's still missing a few little pieces. No rust, the driver's seat has seen better days as well as the top of the rear seats. The board member I bought it from had it parked for about 3 years & the guy he got it from also had it parked for about 3 years too. So all in all it's been parked for close to 9 consecutive years. The driveshaft was out so we trailered it home on a two wheel dolly.

It feels good bringing it back to life. It's bone stock & in pretty good condition for a car that sat for the last 9 years.

EDIT: I found a picture of the day we towed it home

Last edited by a moderator:

curtis

What........ a closet jackstand baller. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

464/2K

That thing have crazy low miles??

2of9

I'm jealous of no rust Florida cars. White still shines on me though. Most of my friend's cars are white...white rsx, white subbie, white corolla, white wrx. *sighs*

the galant definitely looks clean

jepherz

Staff member
Really? When I got my car it had been sitting for 5 years and it was completely covered in rust on the inside... And the gas smelled so horrid.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned