The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

gone wingless, trunk differences?

IncorpoRatedX

car, 90 GGSX
trunk, 92 GGS

my center tail light section doesnt fit completely flush, the trunks themselves are different because the 92 has lighted center section and the 90 does not, but they appear to have the same depth for the mounting holes etc.

anyone else seen and differences with the trunks? looks fine from here, i'll post a closer pic later, its maybe 1/4 inch off, trying to sort it out.

29894_10150178756320508_513365507_12707310_7352151_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

fuel

yep the trunk lids for pre-facelift and facelift are different, you can either cut into your 90 trunk lid to make way for the light bulb holders or find a facelift trunk lid that doesn't have a spoiler.

fuel

oh wait I see you're doing it the other way around, placing unlighted pre-facelift sections into a lighted facelift trunk lid - I would have thought that would have been a straight swap. The problem I'm talking about above is when you're doing it the other way around.

H05TYL

It's not just the holes for the lights, the sheet metal itself is actually a slightly different shape where the mounting bolts go through.

IncorpoRatedX

Wellllllll nuts.

Looks like I'll have to get fancy...

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned