The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Globe deadtime setting/ GM MAF

MellowVR4

Hello all, Ill try to explain this as best I can. So im changing the setup on my car including changing over from 750cc to 1000cc injectors. if i change the globe deadtime on link does this reset the fuel trims that the tuner made when i had my car tuned the last time? or do they stay the same? another question is can i just leave the deadtime as they are and run the 1000cc and just drive the car to get tuned on the dyno, but obviously driving it carefully so i dont blow nothing up. What do you guys think?

Thanks in advanced

Last edited:

prove_it

Deadtime pretty much only effects idle and very very light throttle. It won't change anything else. Deadtime is adjusted during idle tuning and won't change your overall fuel ratio while driving. Now since your putting in bigger injectors, you will need to adjust the global fuel tab to get to idle. Once you dial in the idle the rest of your tune will be back to where it was. You will need to adjust the global fuel more negative until you see your short term fuel bounce as close to 0 as you can.

Once you do that, then you dial in the deadtime to balance out short term, and air per rev. It's pretty easy to do. There are videos online over at ecmlink that will show you. All you need to do is dial in the idle and the rest will follow.

That's all you need to do to change injectors. If you change anything else, then yes you will need to tweak the tune.

If your concerned and want someone else to do it, then simply dial the global fuel back so you can drive it. Then take it over to a shop. You won't blow anything up.

EHmotorsports

hope this helps.
click

I know its not what you are asking for right now but in case you don't know what the dead times were

MellowVR4

once i get my car running ill have to look at link and mess with it a bit, doesnt sound that hard. Thanks man

MellowVR4

Bringing back an old post, just to get some info. Im thinking on converting to a gm maf setup, would this change anything dramatic on the ecmlink settings going from 2g maf to a gm maf? Any advice would be great

prove_it

Will you be using the ECMlink cable or a translator?

MellowVR4

dsmlink v3 full and with the gm cable adapter.

prove_it

Then all you do is select the GM maf setting in the Maf comp page and follow the ECUlink tutorial on how to dial in the sensor.

MellowVR4

sounds pretty simple. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

prove_it

It is, that's what makes ECUlink so awesome.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned