The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

gearbox question for the NZ guys

BENE38A

where do you get your gearbox work done, preferably in and around the upper north island i need to get my gearbox stripped re-sealed and inspected whilst in there and possibly another box rebuilt.

BENE38A

wow many views but no one from new zealand knows a good gearbox shop?

MX4

I have been using Jeremy at Evoparts down here in Christchurch. He hasnt done any gearbox work for me, apart from fit one, but he is a good mechanic and charges fairly. I know he does do gearbox work and I wouldnt hesitate sending my gearbox to him for work judging on part experience.

I realise hes a distance from you, but at least its a start!

H05TYL

I've used Noel at Mossrax in Wellington before. Again not very close, but in the right island at least!

I did my last one myself though. If you have access to a press and suitable measuring tools it's not particularly difficult, just time consuming making sure the pre-load/endfloat is correct.
(The friend whose press/micrometer I was using also has a big selection of shims collected over years of stripping mitsi boxes which saves having to head down to your local mitsi dealers part way through).

BENE38A

yea i thought about giving it a go but the box in question is worth alot, one day when im set up right ill give it a go on an old shitter.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned