The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Gas Tank replacement

Nate Crisman has one over in the FS section. Looks to be in excellent shape compared to most I've seen. click

Barnes

That's a 1g DSM gas tank. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Barnes

Don't worry. I did the same thing the first time I browsed past it. I want a new gas tank too. I went from /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif to /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif.

I wouldn't mind one myself. Be better if a clean chassis came with it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif
I just fixed mine the other week. It had no studs and 9 holes drilled in the top as well as half the flange missing. Add in the fact that I was afraid of busting every mounting screw if I attempted to drop the tank to have a new one welded on I ended up with this.

Turned a ring, drilled and tapped holes for studs every 60 degrees, cut ring in half, loctited bolts in, drilled holes in tank, used jam nuts to bolt half rings in place from underneath, create epoxy flange, and walla. Sealed up well. Also used POR15 on the ttop of the tank to fend off further rust.

JNR

what is wrong with yours?

Reason I ask is many places have fuel tank resto services that actually work well (they coat it with something and imagine paint the outside, or you could)...Just an option, unless yours is beyond repair.

NateCrisman

I have a GVR4 tank as well on hand. Did I do something dumb and post a DSM tank for sale on a GVR4 board instead of the GVR4 one that might actually sell here......yup /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif I'm a tool.

Anyway, Iv got a tank for a GVR4. Problem is they are huge to ship.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned