The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Galant VR4 - Silicone Radiator Hoses

bazeng

Hey guys,

Do we have these available at all?

If not, are you guys interested?
I have an opportunity to get a custom set made.
They will sell for approx $100.00 AUD..
Quality is excellent.

Let me know, because I can't seem to find any.

mean_green

I used a set of samcos listed for an evo 1-3 I believe. Less than a hundred dollars US whatever the ratio is there.

Just my .02

JNR

I have a blue upper, but no idea what kind of where it's from...Gonna replace it with a black rubber w/stainless.

Quoting bazeng:
Hey guys,

Do we have these available at all?

If not, are you guys interested?
I have an opportunity to get a custom set made.
They will sell for approx $100.00 AUD..
Quality is excellent.

Let me know, because I can't seem to find any.

Are the radiator hoses from the vr4 thesame as the DOHC N/A ??

If so, i could be interested in a custom made set, depending on options/colors...

our you could just use ss hose and an fittings /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

JNR

^^^What would you do for the ends to connect to the nipple(s)? Unless you have a 'hardmount' AN fitting, I think that looks lame and kind of pointless.

Barnes

Quoting 9t1tsi:
our you could just use ss hose and an fittings /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

That would cost waaaay more than silicone hoses.

mean_green

I want to know how you figure out a shopping list to do an AN fitting setup for your radiator (Along with the rest of the engine bay /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif ). Like is there an adapter for the radiator where normal hoses clamp on or is there some fab work at hand?

Quoting mean_green:
I used a set of samcos listed for an evo 1-3 I believe.

I too used the EVO1/3 Samcos on #1886, and they fit great.

BoostedAWD91

Quoting mean_green:
I want to know how you figure out a shopping list to do an AN fitting setup for your radiator (Along with the rest of the engine bay /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif ). Like is there an adapter for the radiator where normal hoses clamp on or is there some fab work at hand?

the way i would do it is:

2 weldable an fittings ( size of thermostat gooseneck outlet and radiator outlet, have to check sizes)
2 straight -an hose ends
3' of an hose

put it together and your done.

JNR

If I were going AN route, I'd make a different thermostat housing that contained the male AN (not sure the size) and a threaded hole for the sensor...You could weld a fitting on the radiator (would need be copper), but that point, maight as well chop off the nipple and replace. Problem there is when you need a new radiator, you'll need to do that again.

Are these samco brand you are selling?

Their sites lists parts numbers for "galant vr4 4 cyl" as TCS329/C.

Their EVO III hose kit is listed as part number TCS126/C.

Here.

So which one to order if the evo III fits? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif I wish companies would be more specific and post pics fo each parts so I could see what I'm buying. I want a set in black.

mean_green

TCS126/C are the ones I bought for my Galant. Work good so far, Im using them with a PWR "civic" style radiator. Bought from sporthoses.com but they took forever to get to me FYI. Just under a hundred dollars I believe.

-Alan

bazeng

So the lower and upper hose of the EVO1-2-3 are ok?

If so, I can get them here already so it'll save me getting custom ones made...

Mark

I used gates evo 3 hoses trimmed them to make them fit. They are cheaper then silicone and work the same.

524of1000

I also used the EvoIII, a little trimming and it fit very nicely.

Would anyone be interested in a stainless steel upper coolant pipe group buy?

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned