The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

galant vr4 radiator support fix?

boostback

I just bought 1039 a few days ago. I am planning on doing a full strip down of the car and building it from the ground up. Ran into one issue though. The car hit a deer in 99 and that's the reason is was parked in 99. Can a person chop the front off of a non vr4 or is it different and how Is it different. ALos are there any other vr4 ' s near bossier city la?

fuel

I would say most of it if not all of it will be interchangeable. I am sure the non VR-4s still had the holes for the intercooler piping etc present. How much of the front are you cutting off?

ktmrider

Been done a few times, most recently IIRC on 195/2000, search DR1665 for more.

fuel

only thing I can think that may be different is where the engine mount brace bar that runs parallel to the lower radiator support attaches at each end to the chassis rails - the FWD models have a brace bar that runs perpendicular instead and attaches directly under the radiator support to the rear steering rack crossmember. I'm thinking that perhaps the through bolt/nut provisions aren't there on the FWD chassis rails, however the mounting surface is the same shape and the holes are there at the least.

ktmrider

Quoting boostback:
Could you post a link. I can't find one about that. Thanks

Search +radiator +core +support and DR1665 poster: click

fuel

looking at page 2 of that thread you can see that the 2WD chassis rails are different from the 4WD chassis rails where it mounts to the radiator support sheet metal, and more specifically where the engine mount cross brace attaches to.

looks like you'll have to find one AWD specific!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned