The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

fuel pump

mountaineerjeff

When does the stock fuel pump top out?
I have a 255 hp, but my sending unit is rusted really badly and I know im going to break it pulling it out. and I havent gotten a chance to hook up my wide band to see if id lean. So im currently stuck with the stock pump, not rewired and am wondering whatits limits are, I know its around 100lph but how does that translate to boost/power?

mountaineerjeff

i think you confused a simple question as 'about how much boost can I run with the stock pump'
with 'im retarded' I know how a turbo system works and I understand that the turbo/power/boost pressure/flow rate are all dependent on each other,

I was hoping for........run about 15 lbs on a 14b.

Muskrat

Maybe you should just say, "How much boost can I run with a stock fuel set-up?" (which you can find with a google search, fyi). I read your question as, "How does fuel flow translate into boost/power?"

If you read all of that you'd see it tells you how to figure out what you want.

I don't know off hand, but I gave you the information to figure it out for yourself.

If you know how much fuel you can provide you can figure how how much power that translates into and figure out what pressure you can safely run. And how to do all that is in those articles.

Last edited:

Diego

My brother(CoolClean577) puts out 15~20psi on his S16G on a stock pump, no sputter, and it is also not rewired.

AWDnoobie

Not sure how much this will help the OP, but in the Oct10 issue of DSport mag they have a nice write up on fuel systems and flows for a bunch of pumps.

mountaineerjeff

yea thanks alot for the in depth stuff, but i was just looking for a quick estimate for stock to stay safe.

any ideas on the rusty fuel assembly? maybe just try and get a good one from a part out?

jepherz

Staff member
What exactly is so rusty about it? I doubt there's anything that can't be cleaned up with some sandpaper and paint. Only thing I'd be worried about (use lots of pb blaster) are the studs on the tank.

broxma

You can replace the tank studs somehow but even with only 4 holding my unit down I have no problems. If the hard line connected to the cover is rusted or has a hole in it as mine did, you can always upgrade to -6 an and use a fitting similar to the one I used.

23qxiye.jpg

You can see my cover is pretty badly rusted but not rusted through. The hard line was in fact rusted through and leaking gas at the weld point on the cover. I broke several of the studs removing the cover but have noticed no problems using only just a few of the studs. At some point, I will go back in and replace them.

/brox

jepherz

Staff member
Geez brox, did you dip your nails in any sort of marinade before you ate them? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

broxma

Yes. Thanks for noticing.

In addition to my retard monkey strength, I have a bleeding nail biting problem I have been dealing with for as long as I can remember. As of right now I am on hiatus from destroying my finger tips, but only because I promised the wife. I will probably resume once she forgets I said anything.

My favorite nail biting marinade is used transmission fluid.

/brox

mountaineerjeff

I was thinking an antifreeze marinade........

so do you happen to have the part numbers for which fittings you used? that hooks right into the stock system right? or are you already running new fuel lines?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts