The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: Speed density set up

jcgalntvr4-244

Ill be talking to Hertz about making people post pics of the "FS" items.

this is complete trash....

jcgalntvr4-244

His Phone # just in case he decides to delete it

512-994-8159

jnava

Staff member
Yeah JC...it wasn't really necessary before but this has gotten out of hand now.

ktmrider

Quoting jcgalntvr4-244:
Ill be talking to Hertz about making people post pics of the "FS" items.

this is complete trash....

Yep, so many scammers out there now their "template" for fraud is copied by the less industrious of our society.

To take it one step further than Requiring pics in FS ads, make the pics get uploaded to the site ( versus linking from another source ). If nothing else the GVR4 server will cache it, that way the scammers can't delete the link(s) if a dispute arises.

Quoting jnava:
Yeah JC...it wasn't really necessary before but this has gotten out of hand now.

All too sad, Society in general has such a "Poor Me" attitude these kind of antics get free passes instead of prosecution.

Last edited:

strokin4dr

click

Here is his dsmtuners profile.

jnava

Staff member
You can see that he was on today. Im going to be at work doing nothing, i guess ill work on this cheeky fellow.

Blues15

This guy is crooked, when I asked for a pic of the galant he was selling, he sends me a pic of ade's car lol, but he seemed pretty cool when I was there with him.

Last edited:

prove_it

I started a thread in the new section regarding this thread. I'd like to see what everyone thinks.

linky link link

GSTwithPSI

Quoting ktmrider:
To take it one step further than Requiring pics in FS ads, make the pics get uploaded to the site ( versus linking from another source ). If nothing else the GVR4 server will cache it, that way the scammers can't delete the link(s) if a dispute arises.

I don't necessarily agree. Craigslist did that, and now it f***ing sucks trying to make a coherent ad without being able to hyperlink directly into the text. I like being able to upload images to one central location, and link them into sale ads. Having to upload images on every site is time consuming, and sucks ass. If a buyer is paranoid about loosing an image, right click and save as. Hell, take a screenshot. Done. I definitely agree steps should be taken to reduce scammers, but not at the expense of making it harder for honest sellers to do business.

I still want to know if 85tr asked for pics before he paid for the item, because if he did he would have seen the abortion of a wiring job and never sent the guy a dime. Did the guy send fake pics? Bottom line, there's no way I would have sent the guy $300 bucks without seeing what I was getting first. Again, not saying it is 85tr's fault for getting that garbage, but you have to take all the steps possible to protect yourself. I hope he got to file a PayPal claim and froze the funds before the guy withdrew them. I think he's got a good shot at getting his money back.

ktmrider

^^ Pain in the azz or not it works wonders. Legacy GT site has been requiring attached snaps for years( no links ) and not only did it scare away the scammers it resolved a number of "Immaculate" product claims. In fact LGT.com has no Scammer Central of any sort.

CL did it for the exact same reason, cut down on fake ads and scams big-time.

Plenty of sellers biotch about it too, no way to prove you got the image from the seller other than Attachment method. I stopped buying from NASIOC due to Attachment rule FWIW but hey I'm a PITA....

jnava

Staff member
I fully support mandatory pics not just for ourselves but it keeps a record of whats has been sold. As a constant seller on here, It's easy to post IMG files from post from my phone but if it changes, I'll just do it from my laptop instead. The established with keep on selling, but as KTM said, I should discourage the majority of scammers, but they still find ways to f*** you.

idreamidrive

honda-tech and almost all the motorcycle forums I am on require username, today's date, and the part you are selling for each item.
If I was selling a car on there though, I would only do that crap on one of the pics and then the rest just regular since that is time consuming.

jcgalntvr4-244

I have sent him a PM about taking car of his BAD sales.

I have had no response from him. That alone tells me his intentions. If I were any of you who have bought something from him that was not as described, I would open a dispute with Paypal and get your money back.

Good luck
JC

85tr

When I brought up the issue with the damage to the harness he text me " whatever man . I'm tired of y'all on these websites accusing me of trying to screw you all over . I never had a problem with that thing . Never . Maybe it isn't that pretty but it functions like it should .
Then I let him know that pins were broken and wires disconnected . His response " it wasn't broken when I shipped it as if the soldering job just morphed from professional to a joke . Then this kid sends me a text a few days ago saying if I hadn't bashed him online maybe ? We could have worked something out jus to the fact that I was unhappy . Not the fact that he sent me busted sh*t . Nice blame shift kid it's my fault . Ha . As you can see by his previous text he was really concerned with working something out .

On the search for a bad dsm ecu I can steal the female plug side from because he got the plastic too hot and melted it and the pins are falling out .

jnava

Staff member
That wasn't really a coherent paragraph but it sounds like he told you to f*** off anyway, and he still doesn't sound like he wants to fix the problem.

strokin4dr

This guy is *****. Plain and simple.

He knows exactly what is going on and has even been on this board multiple times lately to see what we are writing about him. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif
He still can't seem to man up and do the right thing.

He couldn't even find the courage to tell me to f*** me like he did you. Just promised to make things right then stopped answering calls and texts. Broke ass kids these days! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

bcjjones

Wow. Crazy to come back and see all this. Havent had time to respond. With my name being so bashed around already theres probably no point anyways.

Ill explain though.

The guy with the ecu, the soldering was done professionally. The pics he posted made the ecu look way worse then it was. I told him it wasnt the prettiest job in the first place but it functioned perfectly. I apologizes for it not being what he expected but he wasnt having it. He had already seen this threas and had his mind set about how im percieved to be. We could have possibly worked it out if given the chance.

The guy with the turbo. He paid 290 dollars for a completely rebuilt mhi bastard 20g turbo. I basically threw in the o2 housing and actuator for FREE! He semt me some pictures of the "damaged" FREE items and i couldnt see anything that would prevent them from working as they should. He never even tried them to test them out. He basically bought 2 brand new ones and wanted me to pay for them. I originaly agreed bur then realized that he would be paying 180 bucks for a rebuilt bastard 20g in a 7cm housing. I feel he was complaining about the FREE parts. Would any of yall sell a rebuilt bastsrd 20g for 180 bucks?

I sold this other guy a completely rebuilt bare head(new valves, springs, valve seals) everything minus the cams as i described it to him. A freshly sand blasted 1g intake manifold, a cas sensor, a throttle body with sensors, and something else i cant recall for 290. The box was damaged during shipping and the throttle body fell out. Along with a couple cam bolts and a couple lifters. I bough another throttle body and shipped it to him. He still wants money for the few lifters and cam bolts that were lost. Which i feel werent even part of the deal. They were 3g lifters and i was going to sell them seperate. I had them bagged up already so I threw them in the box. I mean come on, this guy got an SERIOUSLY UNBELIEVABLE deal.

Thats my side of the story. I am no longer a dsmer so you wont see me on here anymore. Just wanted to give yalk my side of the story.

jnava

Staff member
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif " I am no longer a dsmer "

Last edited:

strokin4dr

Quoting bcjjones:

The guy with the turbo. He paid 290 dollars for a completely rebuilt mhi bastard 20g turbo. I basically threw in the o2 housing and actuator for FREE! He semt me some pictures of the "damaged" FREE items and i couldnt see anything that would prevent them from working as they should.

First off, it was $300 for the turbo. The only reason I was even interested in the used turbo was because of the stupid low price.
Second, you keep saying that the "free" o2 housing was damaged... Where are you getting this from? I sent you pics of the hot side of the turbo with a bent up flapper arm, and a pic of the smashed wastegate actuator.
I should have took pics of the shitty packing job. It am amazed that it made it to me without more damage.

My wife was watching me open the box and unpack the turbo. It was just thrown it a 3/4 filled box of packing peanuts. It was filthy and every orifice of the turbo had broken pieces of styrofoam stuck in it. My wife's first words were "You paid $300 for THAT?" lol
I had to remove the compressor housing to get all the pieces out. At LEAST throw the turbo in a plastic bag before packing it in peanuts.

Quoting bcjjones:
He never even tried them to test them out. He basically bought 2 brand new ones and wanted me to pay for them.

Would you put an obviously damaged part on your car only to turn back around and have to redo it?? Come on.

Quoting bcjjones:
I originaly agreed bur then realized that he would be paying 180 bucks for a rebuilt bastard 20g in a 7cm housing.

Again, I don't see how your math works here.

It went down like this. I paid you $300. Parts arrived in said condition. I sent you pics of damage. YOU apologized and YOU said for me to try to find some replacement parts to fix the damage, since insurance would cover it. Cool.
I posted WTB ads on this board, dsmtuners and ecmlink forums. Over the next 2 days I had a few replies about parts. I corresponded back and forth with YOU to make sure everything was still good before I sent money for the other parts. You agreed with what I found so I pulled the trigger.
So now I am almost $450 into the turbo.

I texted you the following day to see when you would be sending the money. You say that you need to put some money back in your account but would be sending it soon. Cool.
I wait 2 more days then texted you again. No reply. Ok...
I wait almost a week then text you again after seeing that money is still not in my account. Still no reply.
I start calling your phone, leaving messages and send another text. I really tried everything before turning to a paypal claim.

Basically it comes down to this. YOU agreed to handle this in the way we spoke about. YOU decided to change you mind after getting me to spend more money on the other parts. YOU, of course, don't tell me you have changed your mind. You just stop responding to any attempt I make to contact you. That is just as shady as it gets man.

Anyway, back to the math.

$300 to you
+
$150 in replacement parts
=
$450

Are we still following?

$450
-
$150 from insurance (that YOU agreed to send back)
=
$300

So, after opening the paypal claim he was finally quick to reply; although the reply was his stretched version of the truth about the o2 housing being damaged and that it was a free part that he threw in. Out of the kindness of his heart I'm sure. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif
I assure you that the O2 housing is in great shape. No complaints there. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Quoting bcjjones:
I sold this other guy a completely rebuilt bare head(new valves, springs, valve seals) everything minus the cams as i described it to him. A freshly sand blasted 1g intake manifold, a cas sensor, a throttle body with sensors, and something else i cant recall for 290. The box was damaged during shipping and the throttle body fell out. Along with a couple cam bolts and a couple lifters. I bough another throttle body and shipped it to him. He still wants money for the few lifters and cam bolts that were lost. Which i feel werent even part of the deal. They were 3g lifters and i was going to sell them seperate. I had them bagged up already so I threw them in the box. I mean come on, this guy got an SERIOUSLY UNBELIEVABLE deal.

Thats my side of the story. I am no longer a dsmer so you wont see me on here anymore. Just wanted to give yalk my side of the story.

Wow, I didn't even know about this one.
Sounds like he got the same packing job my turbo did!

prove_it

About the "professional" wiring job.

Pics speak for themselves. That has to be the worst "pro" electrician in the world. I did better when I was learning. A real pro would not have "lumps" of solder at the joining wires. Also a weaved double wrap is the preferred way to twist wiring. That thing is the worst backwoods redneck garage solder ever. Hell it's probably copper pipe solder for that matter.

Example: Note the lack of a "lump" Lumps indicate poor solder transfer through the joint. It's not meant to "drown" the wiring. You should still see the copper, but there should be solder visible through the wiring.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned