The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: Speed density set up

bcjjones

I have for sale a complete speed density set up...includes everything you need to run and tune with speed density. Change fuel/timing ect ect.

Im selling this cheap...ill start the bid at 300

MAKE ME AN OFFER, FIRST REASONABLE OFFER GETS IT!

Please text me at 512-994-8159..Thanks!

slugsgomoo

might want to mention what kind of sensors (for instance what pressure range the MAP sensor does) and what the tuning method is... Might get more responses that way.

strokin4dr

This guy is a scammer. DO NOT BUY from him!!!

85tr

That's great to hear I sent him money for a evo ecu and harness a couple days ago . I'll let y'all know what shows up .

3rdstrikedsm

this is about 3x what it's worth:(

85tr

3x ? He said it was the ecu plug and play harness and the tuning cable . I thought it was a fair price .

theevozero

He means the sd setup. Considering you spend $100 for the sensor and plugs from ecm tuning. click
Unless he's selling click Then its a fair price. But since the guy isn't defending himself, I'm assuming that the allegations are true.

prove_it

Pretty obvious that something is off, when all he posted was "sd setup" for sale. About as basic and generic as possible.

3rdstrikedsm

check the used prices of them

85tr

Looks like I gave him money for one hell of a repair job on my part . He told me the solder work was done professionally by a computer repair shop . Well the fing thing is falling apart and all the solder work is horrible . Three pins broke off the dsm side . Wouldn't believe a word outta this kids mouth .

85tr

Here's a coupleof pics of the professionally soldered harness . These pics make it look good .

jnava

Staff member
OH JESUS CHRISTS LEFT TOE........that my friend, is bullshit. Hope you didn't friend him.

85tr

What do you mean by friend him ?

jnava

Staff member
Did you pay the 3% for paypal. If you sent it as goods and services, you have yourself a nice case, if you friend and family the money, SOL.

jnava

Staff member
Since the scams are getting hardcore, I think posting pics should be a requirement. That guy didn't post anything nor was he warned to do so. Just make it a blanket rule on all FS threads. Just saying.

85tr

No I did not friend him sent the money for goods and he paid the 3% .

jnava

Staff member
Get your money back, items are not what they were described and the pics you provided is more than enough evidence of broken item...Just saying.

GSTwithPSI

Quoting 85tr:
Looks like I gave him money for one hell of a repair job on my part . He told me the solder work was done professionally by a computer repair shop . Well the fing thing is falling apart and all the solder work is horrible . Three pins broke off the dsm side . Wouldn't believe a word outta this kids mouth .

What a fuckin disaster. So, did you get pictures of the item before you paid for the it?

As far as pictures in every sale ad goes, IDK. I personally try and put up photos of each item I'm selling, but I don't think it should be a requirement. There's a reason we have a good guy thread. If you are purchasing items from someone here you don't know, you should be looking for that good guy thread. If you can't find one, then you should be asking either us, or the seller why one doesn't exist. You guys are sending your hard earned money to strangers, and should definitely be cautions when making purchases for hundreds of dollars. I'm not saying it's ever the buyers fault for getting ripped off, but in this day and age, we should all be smart about how we make private purchases.

-Get pictures of the item BEFORE you buy it. If you are promised gold, and and turd shows up at your door, at least then you'll have a case with PayPal.
-Be cautious when buying from brand new members. Being new doesn't make you a crook, but if your first post is selling sh*t, your BS flag should be going up.
-Look for members who are contributing and established, not just someone who posts to peddle parts.
-Don't EVER gift unless you know and trust the seller.
-Look on T00ners and other related forums for bad reps if none exist here. There's only so many places crooks can go to slang 4G63 parts to a crowd of interested members.
-Limit purchases over $50 bucks to people you, or someone you know has done business with before. Sending hundreds of dollars to a complete stranger you know nothing about is just insane to me.
-If the seller doesn't know sh*t about what they are selling, then you might not want to do business with them.
-Lastly, if it seems to good to be true, it probably is.

At the end of the day, it's going to mostly fall on the buyer's shoulders to keep from getting scammed. People are shaddy as f***, and you really have to be proactive if you don't want to get taken advantage of. You really got a shitty deal 85tr. I would file a Paypal dispute ASAP, and pray to God this dude didn't already clean out his PayPal account. Judging by the other posts that have been put up about this crook, you'll be hard pressed to get your money back. Good luck, and let us know how things go.

jnava

Staff member
That post alone should be added to the "read this before you post" thread.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts