The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: Samsung 27" LED Monitor

4orced4door

click

Bought this black Friday of last year, so it's about eight months old. Works great, perfect shape. Cheapest 27" LED Samsung on Newegg right now is $329. This model isn't for sale anymore but I did a ton of research before I got it and it has better black levels and overall quality than many that were more expensive. I think it was around $350 new. It was available at Amazon until about two months ago and it averaged $300-350.

click

$225 shipped and paypalled

JNR

Is this still available? If so, may be interested although need to talk to the owner first to get approval.

Would this work well with CAD would you say?

Thanks,

John R.

Barnes

Personally I'd think this might be a bit too short (in aspect ratio for CAD), but that's me. My favorite CAD setup was a pair of 24" monitors @ 1920x1200. However, a 1080p monitor is better than anything smaller in resolution.

4orced4door

The vertical difference between 1200p and 1080p isn't THAT great - only 10% difference. Sure, 16:10 is better but 16:9 is what you're going to get on the low end these days unless you spend double or triple for an IPS panel. You can't beat this for value.

It has a fast response time and a great picture, and is very easy on the eyes due to its size. It has good, relatively even blacks and backlighting so it would be fine for CAD.

JNR

Thanks for the info and looks to be a nice monitor...I don't like widescreen monitors a whole lot for CAD work, but the advantage is you can have your properties window docked to the right, which is sometimes handy to have there from time to time (typically it's off) and it keeps the 'drawing/modelling' area more like what a regular monitor would've shown, if that makes sense...I typically have all my menus, toolbars, and all that hidden, so that extra size compared to this 19" I think it is would be awesome (large viewable).

The bad part is the boss got back to me and says "I asked you when you started if you needed a new monitor" and "sorry, not right now"...ugh, what?!? So, if it was my first week, he'd go for it, but not now ??? Dammit.

So, this is out for now, I hate to say /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif He's known to change his mind, so who knows maybe tomorrow or next week it'll change. Wish I had the $$ for myself, I'd pick it up for the garage (laptop) "office"...If you still have it in a little while, perhaps it'll work out, but for now, no go.

4orced4door

Yeah, a 19" for CAD is way too small.

Dropping to $200 shipped and paypalled

JNR

PM'd you about buying it if it's stil available.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned