The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: Acer Aspire AS1410 11.6" dual core laptop - SOLD

4orced4door

Got a new laptop so I'm selling this one even though it's been great. It's way more powerful than your typical netbook for around the same money and size. It has a dual core CPU that spanks an Atom and I upgraded the hard drive to a 250GB 7200RPM WD Scorpio Black. The specs are:

Intel Celeron SU2300 1.2ghz dual core CPU (Less than 10% slower than a low volt Core 2 Duo SU7300, and around 3x faster than any single core Atom - don't be fooled by Celeron branding)
3GB DDR2 667 RAM
WD Scorpio Black 250GB 7200RPM HD
Wireless G
Webcam
11.6" 1366x768 screen (hi-res for the size - same as most 14" laptops)
3-3.5 hrs battery life on average (6-cell)
Weighs a bit over three pounds

It's in excellent shape, I covered it with a Zagg Invisible Shield as soon as I got it. It covers the palm rests and the top lid of the computer. There should be no scratches on the top thanks to this, and it has never been dropped or banged around. The only blemish is on the screen bezel, the day I got it I tried to remove some sticker residue with goo-gone without thinking and it marred the finish. It's about a three inch swipe. I'm sure you could pick up a new bezel from Acer for $20-$30, and I have one bookmarked on ebay for around $25. I've just lived with it, it's not really a big deal.

Includes the original box, papers/CDs, AC Adapter, and Orange ZeroShock III laptop sleeve.

I will post pictures tomorrow.

$295 shipped and paypalled

Here is a link to newegg where you can see reviews: click

More reviews on Amazon for the same model with a slower single core processor: click

Last edited:

4orced4door

I'm changing a couple things. It's now being sold with a 250GB 7200RPM Western Digital Scorpio Black hard drive to get the price down some.

Now $295 shipped and paypalled.

Going on ebay in a few days if nobody wants it.

Last edited:

1990ggsxnj

Actually, this is Wireless-N as well. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Ted Andkilde

Hey Paul

How durable are these NetBook thingys?

I'm looking for something lighter than my old TiBook to toss in the travelbag.

Tentative 'dibs' if you think it'll hold up to my abuse /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Cheers, Ted

p.s. got a Detroit shipto:

Last edited:

4orced4door

The build quality is pretty good on this model. It's not as rock-solid as a high end Lenovo, but for the price and weight it feels pretty good. Good keyboard, nice multitouch touchpad, etc. I carry it in the sleeve, in my bag every day for work and it's held up great. No complaints.

4orced4door

Quoting 1990ggsxnj:
Actually, this is Wireless-N as well. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Correction: It came with a crappy wireless N card, which I upgraded to a nice wireless N card. When I got my new laptop, I swapped the wireless G card that came in it for the nice wireless N card that was in the Acer. So it's got a Dell wireless G card in it.

If you want a nice N card, the Intel 5100 AGN cards work pretty well for streaming HD content over wifi and run like $20-$25 on ebay. If you're not streaming HD content then G is probably fine for you anyway.

4orced4door

Here's a link to the sleeve that's included (different size though). It's really nice.

click

4orced4door

I'm giving this through tonight and then putting it on ebay.

NinjaVR4

Still for sale???? haha I would have bought this in a heartbeat. good sale

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned