The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: Partout: 92 AWD Auto Talon - NJ

NateCrisman

Decided to break down my streetcar in order to resurrect my yellow 1g race car (can't have two DSM's at the same time...that never goes well). Im looking to start disassembly in the next week once I'v got another vehicle to daily drive to work. This car went 10.7@127, got 22mpg, and was a reliable daily driver. I'm going to miss it, but my heart really lies with that old yellow shell that's been sitting apart for a few years now.

Nate Crisman - [email protected] 862 251 2571 TXT

The plan is to remove most of the aftermarket parts (some sold/most kept), and sell the remainder of the vehicle in chunks:

1992 Talon AWD Auto shell. $750 130k miles. Original red paint and body in pretty nice condition (it was stranded in a garage from 2003 till 2011 when I rescued it). Roof has typical clear coat issues, front has rock chips, and has an aftermarket sunroof that has started to leak. Black leather seats, driver side needs the seat base re-stitched at the seam. Headliner needs to be re-covered or re-glued at same time as sunroof is done. interior is all there and in reasonable condition. AC/Cruise/Metal bumpers/ABS removed for weight loss. GVR4 4lug hubs. Wiring harnesses, fuel tank/sending unit, power steering all in good shape. Original TCU and ECU included. Anything listed separately in this add is NOT included with the shell unless arrangements are made. Will post pics of "what's included/whats missing" as soon as it comes apart. Email or TXT me with any questions. Would make a great start to a resto-mod streetcar / race car project.

Auto-AWD swap kit - $1100 Auto transmission, converter, flexplate, crank bushing, bellhousing plate, Xcase, 4bolt rear (w/ cups/axles), shift cable, Shifter, jackshaft, motor and trans mount brackets, misc hardware. This is all the mechanical parts needed to convert from POS junk stick trans to the auto-magic driveline for dragstrip awesomeness. The trans has worked without issue for me, it's in great shape to just drop in. Center diff is welded & VC removed.

6Bolt shortblock - $500 original 130k excellent condition 6bolt bottom end. Was removed from the car, externally re-conditioned (new front case, Balance shafts removed, fresh water pump, gaskets, cleaned, & POR15 paint). No leaks, no noises, no issues....slap a head on it and drop in.

If anyone wants the car with driveline/shortblock....I'll do $2100 for it together (I'll leave it assembled and just remove the performance parts) and will throw in a 1g head/intake/cam set on top.

Aftermarket parts for sale seperate:
Walbro 255hp - $40
FIC 950cc injectors $195
3" Apexi catback - $175
ARP head studs - $50
non-cruise throttle cable - $20
16" Koenig wheels (GVR4-4lug) w/ 225/50/16 all seasons (only about 6k on tires) $300
Eibach Prokit springs - $60
KYB GR2 shock set - $100 (fronts are new- unused)
grant steering wheel - $25

As a side note, Im possibly open to trades for a cheap commuter type car.

Misc parts I am keeping for yellow-resurection and are not included in the shell or for sale
FP Turbo system
Liquid Intercooler system
2g head/evo3 intake manifold/1g TB
eprom ECU/DSMlink/sensors/boost noid
forced four trans shift box
Wideband/gauges
aeromotive FPR/gauge/fittings
misc intake piping/intercooler plumbing
prothane motor mounts
alternator
front axles
brake calipers & rotors (4lug single piston oddballs)
ABS delete lines & prop valve

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned