The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: Lower Shores Performance MBC - GVR4 Price is $41.70 (all fees included)

WaRrIoRs16

Thanks for the info. I would deffinitely be interested in braided steel turbo oil feed and return lines.

Last edited:

hiboost07

Hello everyone, I'm sorry I haven't had a chance to get on and post any replies. I started a new job with General Electric at their Aircraft Engine Plant here in Wilmington North Carolina a few months ago working second shift and just got married last month so things have been a bit hectic. I also moved my shop into a bigger building and nothing is set up yet so I won't be making any more boost controllers for a while.

I have about 10 of them left and won't be listing them on e-bay so if anyone is interested please contact me and I'll get one out to you.

My e-mail is [email protected] and I'll get back to you as soon as I can. Thanks and take care

Brian

hiboost07

Hello everyone, I have 6 boost controllers left. Please let me know by e-mail if your interested in one and I'll keep the thread updated on how many are left. Take care

Brian

joemoto

I paid you yesterday through PayPal.
Thanks,
Joe

Hondasi88

great MBC!!!! i'll look into those braided lines later......off hand how much for all the lines?

Flip4G63

i sent him a email but nothing back yet.

i want some turbo water lines. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif i'm kinda lazy and dont wanna buy all the parts my self just want a kit shipped to me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

hiboost07

Hello everyone,

I just got home from work (second shift) and had a few more purchases which leaves one controller available. Before anyone sends a payment please contact me first to be sure it has not been sold.

For those of you that want a controller and missed out on the last few I had please contact me and if I get enough people interested I will contact the company I get my brass from and get an update on the cost.

Since this post started last year the brass fittings have increased in price three times so I'm sorry to say I can no longer sell these for $35.00 shipped. If I can get at least 10 or so people that want one I will start a list and update it as we go. I'm thinking the cost won't be incredibly higher per controller, maybe $5.00 which would make it $35.00 plus the shipping cost.

Anyway, please let me know first before sending a payment so I won't have to disappoint anyone by giving a refund. Thank you and take care

Brian

hiboost07

Hello,

I just read Flip's e-mail and I'm really sorry for the slow reply. I work second shift so by the time I get home and sort everything out its pretty late.

Ok, heres the deal on the steel braided lines. I own three Mitsubishi Starions (AKA: Chrysler Conquest)and back a few years I started getting VERY PO'd because NOONE had anything performance oriented for those cars. Sure you could get an upgraded turbo but without larger IC piping, bigger exhaust and a bigger intercooler whats the point really... I'm a machinist by trade and have been building race engines for about 20 years so I started experimenting with boring out throttle bodies, opening up the intake manifolds, exhaust manifolds and eventually put enough power to the stock engine that it developed a case of collapsed piston syndrome.

After re-building the engine and everything connected to it I could see that all the factory lines were leaking and needed replaced. Instead of buying all new factory stuff I just started fabbing up steel braided lines and searching for all the adapter fittings to go with them. The only fitting I couldn't find (for a reasonable price) was the turbo oil feed line fitting which should be the same on the 2.0 liter's turbo. The coolant lines I really have no idea.

Heres the situation we have, I don't know anyone here locally that has a Galant VR4 that I can look at to copy the coolant and oil lines so what I would need is someone who doesn't use their car as a daily driver that can send me the both coolant lines and both oil lines then I can reproduce them in a steel braided version.

If the factory lines have adapters, banjo bolts whatever I would need to see them so I could do this correctly. Ok, I welcome any ideas or suggestions and would be happy to work with all of you to get this going.

Please understand, I don't do this for a living and I don't run a business here in North Carolina. I work as a machinist for General Electric in their aircraft engine plant here in Castle Hayne. Everything I make is for my own personal cars as a hobby. I have been a member of the Starquestclub for years and after I made these parts for my own car years ago I offered them to the club and then started advertising them on e-bay. If enough of you would be interested I would be happy to do what I can to make your group the same offer.

Ok let me know and your ideas and suggestions are welcome.

Take care,
Brian

pot

Staff member
Brian,

Your in luck, I'm an hour and a half away from you depending on the amount of cops down 87S. Please PM your address and I will send these out to you as I'm interested in mainly coolant lines for the turbo.

strokin4dr

PM'd.

Flip4G63

if POT cant get you the collant lines i'll send you mine the cars down right now getting ALOT of parts and paint so its no deal for me to ship em to you.

just let me know. if he send them then once you get them finished up give me a price and i'll send that to you

pot

Staff member
I neglected to mention if you need a test mule to fabricate anything, i.e. tubular control arms, K-members, battery tray's, heatshields, etc. I'll be more than happy to loan 893.

I could use one of these MBC's also, I know you probably don't have any left right now though.

I lived in Wilmington for 4.5 years as I went to UNCW, never knew you were around that way. I had a few different DSM's durring that time and just picked up my galant.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned