The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: 1988 JDM RHD Galant VR4 - FL - $9,800 - 100% OEM STOCK

Romanova

Rivsu also posted the red one as an example.
Here's a fine example of a Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 that recently sold at auction for ¥207,000 JPY. This vehicle could have been landed and out the door from us for as low as $5,000 USD! Auction details: click

Where does the $8-9k come in?

89Mirageman

Come on man, why all the hate? Are you going to tell your boss not to bother paying you this week, that you don't want to be compensated for your work? These guys like to be paid as well.

Street Surgeon

Heh, wait 'til the see the underside of the red/grey car /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif A thing (or car in this case) is worth what someone is willing to pay, and the owner can price it however they like. That being said and as I've mentioned before, GVR4s go for next to nothing in Japan, look at their sold at auction prices! How much is it worth it to have it shipped here to your door? That's between you and the importer.

G

Staff member
That's like $1700. I'd like to see an RS go for that low.

Jesus_Negros

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quoting Romanova:</font><hr />
Rivsu also posted the red one as an example.
Here's a fine example of a Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 that recently sold at auction for ¥207,000 JPY. This vehicle could have been landed and out the door from us for as low as $5,000 USD! Auction details: click

Where does the $8-9k come in?

<hr /></blockquote><font class="post">

Oh, I didn't know owning a business meant working for free and not making a profit. GTFO

Street Surgeon

Profit and gouging are two different things /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Given the discrepency in price between two vendors looking at teh same car, I know who I'd have help import my car!

VR4ownzU

How much did Rivsu want? Their pretty expensive too. They basically only care about stocking Skylines though.

Gabor

Buying and selling cars is not about how much they go for. It's what they worth to the right buyer.
Even average used cars like the above Burgundy Galant. Just because one dealer says they "could" have sold it for less don't mean crap.
If their business plan is to make 10% on each sale, then they'll have to sell a lot of cars to pay the rent. No dealer can stay in business with that kind of profit margin.

89Mirageman

Well said Gabor, my thoughts exactly.

One would think we would want importers to keep bringing these cars in and making them available. But instead we moan and groan about them making a profit. This will make them skip over these cars in the future knowing that lowballers and tire kickers are the only interested buyers.

fuel

that red/silver one has a seriously rusted undercarriage..

MarkDML

I am interested, but not to pay $7k

Please feel free to contact me at my mobile phone at 917 577 9389 if you are negotiable with the price...

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned