The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: 1987 Jdm Galant VR4-Rhd (Fully Built/Restored)

Mike917

I'm really impressed with your made up stories. You can Feel free to say whatever you like and act like a kid. I did not say anything bad or derogatory about you or your car. What I did say is I would be willing to answer any questions anyone had on it. I was just mislead by you which is fine. Money comes and money goes. I also found it amusing you had a friend post on here saying how great the car is. I will say the car does look amazing from the pictures. I will also bring out the truth that a majority of the receipts you have belongs to your evo or your previous 1g. I'm not hear to fight or argue with anyone. I just want to be able to answer any questions anyone has. If I were not serious I would not have brought 15 thousand dollars cash with me. I also respected your firm price and not once did I try to talk you down.

Last edited:

GSTwithPSI

Quoting v1rginevo9:
You and me both... I have spent hours on hours looking for the videos and pictures. I'm actually really upset... not just because I'd like to prove that It does make great power but that i personally have nothing to remember the car by once it's gone. Like every photo and video is missing. During my move I had several external hard drives and I must have lost the most important one. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

AMS is a pretty reputable joint. If the car was dyno'd there, I'm sure a quick phone call to them would easily get you a copy of the run file/dyno sheet.

Mike917

I had said the same thing about a dyno. I received a few different responses from the seller why they don't have it. I actually have the complete ecu dumpfile from this car if anyone wants to view it. I would say right now it was not professionally tuned. I'm not saying that it was never on adyno. I also have logs on a few pulls on the car. It has crazy knock. The fuel setup is not correct in the settings and does not match the hardware. I verified it does have 1150cc injectors. Also I would not advise tuning a car without an adjustable fuel pressure regulator. If he does truly have the pump he claims,then I'm sure he's out flowing the pressure. Which means it's not keeping an accurate pressure throughout the rpm band. Also knowing the fuel pressure is important when tuning. I do not believe this car puts down close to 500 for a minute I would guess around 350. There are several settings in ecmlink that were untouched or not used which pertain to tuning.

GSTwithPSI

Well, logs would be a sure way to help get to the bottom of this sh*t show. Anyone who knows me knows I love a good log file, since, ya can't bullshit a log...

...And a WOT pull will clearly show what kind of power the car is making.

Post them all up, I'd love to have a look. You'll have to upload them to Dropbox or Google Drive and then link to them here.

I'll also provide feedback here for whatever issues may (or may not) be present, for the seller and potential buyers alike.

citymunky

Nice car, however is it me or the rear seats not level?. I only ask because I have X front in my galant and i'm looking for the rears.

Last edited:

Mike917

I sat in the back seat they did angle back and didnt fit perfect but were still comfortable. Almost made it like a bucket seat feel.

transparentdsm

Quoting citymunky:
Nice car, however is it me or the rear seats not level?. I only ask because I have X front in my galant and i'm looking for the rears.

Not to high-jack the thread, but go to page 2 of tech dis. and look a few post down. i did a write up on it a few months back when I put them in my car.

Mike, I've said my piece and I'm not going to argue with you at further... heck I've spent hours on hours doing so Already with no end it sight. Posting my ECM link file however that I paid for is not cool. This is not yours to share. But likely you will post or send to others anyways and show your true colors. The things you've said about my car were not polite nor true. Receipts all have proper time stamps /dates. Heck most of them even say Galant VR4. And your conspiracy theory about receipts being for my 1g? I have not owned a 1g for 7 years. So how are receipts from 2013 l/14 for that car? Again more of the same. The statement about me contacting a friend to write a nice review.... I've met G one time in my life. When he came to look at my car. I can't and will not continue to banter with you. I've already exhausted enough time and resources. Sorry the car was not for you but it looks like you are officially "making it impossible for me to sell my car" I can only hope that others will see through the shenanigans. As I said before I still wish you the best of luck in finding the right car for you.

GSTwithPSI

Quoting v1rginevo9:
Posting my ECM link file however that I paid for is not cool. This is not yours to share. But likely you will post or send to others anyways and show your true colors.

If you owned Boostin Performance's Red Demon, I could understand your sentiment. However, your statement here kinda makes it seem like you're afraid of what the logs will reveal? Believe me, the only one who stands to gain anything from your logs is the person who buys your car. Nobody else is taking the tune you paid for and plugging it into their car for magical performance gains. That's not how this works, and I assume based on the ASE credentials you gave, you certainly know that.

What your log will show, to a very close degree, is how much power the car is making. Without the dyno sheet to back your numbers in the ad, that's a fair piece of data to share here, no?

GSTwithPSI

Log #1: click

Log # 2: click

Seems to me whoever tuned the car wasn't terribly familiar with ECMlink. From what little data is viewable, the tune seems decent overall, but I doubt the car is making the power advertised. Airflow suggests the power potential is there, but target AFR, timing and the SD table indicate the numbers could be skewed, especially where the SD table is configured over 100% VE. The main issues I see are:

1) Whoever configured the car didn't bother to set up the PC side for datalogging the SD sensors. As a result, you can't see boost level or actual air fuel ratio (MAP and wideband are not being logged). Additionally, the car doesn't look like it even has an IAT sensor. If it does, it's not configured or working per ECMlink. Based on the sensors not being logged, I'd say whoever tuned the car probably did so on the dyno using the dyno's integrated wideband. So, you can't tell if target and actual AFR are tracking one another from the logs above.

2) Target AFR is set pretty rich for an E85 car. The target on this car is ~11.0:1. Everyone has a preference, but personally I tune toward being about a point richer (12.0:1). Making big power on such a rich tune and small turbo seems unlikely, but could be possible.

3) Can't comment on whether the base fuel settings are in spec or not without knowing the base fuel pressure. Without an AFPR, I suppose it's moot anyways, but if the wideband was logging, that would at least give the user an idea as to how global is working out.

4) Timing is set fairly conservative (~9*-14* peak + whatever is being added via the timing adjustments table). Somebody added timing in the timing adjustments table in the ECUconfig, which again to me, would suggest whoever tuned the car didn't know ECMlink very well. These tables should only be used to make adjustments on the fly (for example, between pulls) when dialing in the tune. Once you get the tune dialed in, these tables should be zeroed out, and permanent changes to the timing and fuel DA tables should be made.

The pulls look fairly clean going by what data is there, but it's hard to tell. Overall the tune needs a decent amount of cleanup done.

OP, or potential buyer, I'd be happy to provide some config files and feedback on the tune if you'd like. All you'd need to do is assign the SD sensors on the PC side to enable logging, and provide a 3rd gear pull. Additionally, I'd need the data outlined here: click

citymunky

Has this car been sold yet?

G

Staff member
Yes.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned