The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Front Mount With AC

Hey Everyone. I just purchased a galant and know very little about them. I've owned a few eclipses& talons, So I'm not totally clueless. My question is, can you fit a front mount on these cars and still maintain the Air Conditioning. If so...Great, which kit do you use? Thanks for your time.

turbowop

Yes, but you may need to massage the condenser lines a tad to fit piping by them.

I'm pretty sure the ETS kit works with AC. There aren't many other kits, so other than that you'll need to fab up your own.

click

I found this kit on ebay. NOt sure if it's junk.

click

I see the ETS kit, it's a bit pricey for my taste, judging by the pic they have, they eliminated the condenser,

Looks like your right about pretty much making something work.

What about exhaust for these cars? Can't seem to find anything. Is this another, try and make something work type of thing? thanks again

Lonewolf64

Your judgement is incorrect. The ETS kit is 100% compatible with the AC, and it's the only bolt on kit for a vr4 on the market. Very high quality.

If that is too much for your taste, consider getting an Evo 8 intercooler and some custom piping, either making it yourself or getting it from Jonvr4 on the boards here.

chucklesas

That ebay link appears to be for an 8G galant vr4.

turbowop

Any kit you find on Ebay that isn't an ETS kit will be a mostly DIY project. They just include a core and some bends that you can fab up to work yourself. It's mostly crap.

Like I said, you either shell out some coin for the nice ETS setup, or you shell out coin for a custom job. Otherwise, you learn your own fabrication/welding skills and do it yourself nicely or try to cobble together some bends and eleventeen couplers that are bound to blow off. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

My setup was a custom job done by Andre at PINAmotorsports. Click on the link in my sig to see just how big you can go, yet still retain AC. Brianawd has the same core and did a good job piecing it together himself, as well as keeping AC.

You can get a GVR4 specific exhaust system from Certified Muffler (CMPE) out of Florida. Garfield Wright, a member of this board, is a dealer for them.

fivestardsm

^^ It is for an 8G, as for the exhaust, check out CMPE
Oh, and welcome. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Brunoboy

Quoting 92galant798:
Hey Everyone. I just purchased a galant and know very little about them. I've owned a few eclipses& talons, So I'm not totally clueless. My question is, can you fit a front mount on these cars and still maintain the Air Conditioning. If so...Great, which kit do you use? Thanks for your time.

FMIC kit
I saw this on tuners, I think hes local to me as well. if not local, its not more than an hour drive.
-Shane,

boosted_85

mac515 might be parting his car if he can't sell the car, he as a ets kit. Also on my vr4, I brought some diy alum piping and vertical flow intercooler off ebay and did everything myself with good vibrant couplers and t bolt clamps.. Cost less then $350 and works just fine.

Quoting turbowop:
Yes, but you may need to massage the condenser lines a tad to fit piping by them.I'm pretty sure the ETS kit works with AC. There aren't many other kits, so other than that you'll need to fab up your own.

Thats correct. I own the ETS kit and it works with the A/C still installed. Yes, you'll have to "massage" the lines

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Nobody mentioned the "massaging" necessary to the front bumper core...

grocery_getter

The upper t-bolt clamp on the driver side lower coupler rubs on the AC condenser line. On the AC condenser, what looks like a bracket is actually a hollow thin wall flat tubing. On one customer car it rubs so much that it actually fractured the tubing, necessitating a replacement of the condenser. My customer had taken his car to the local AC place and they billed him $400 plus to put a new condenser in the car.

I talked to Jesse, whose GVR4 was used as the jig to create the ETS GVR4 FMIC kit and his condenser has the same rubbing mark on the exact same location on the AC condenser as well. He took off his AC condenser afterward a while ago so it hadn't ruptured on his but beware. I alerted ETS on the fact and they shipped me some Al bends and coupler so I can fix the problem at my own shop, unfortunately, also on my own dime.

I have some pictures on these facts, at the shop. Maybe if I remember I can upload the picture here tomorrow.

Andre

Mariano, welcome & congrats on getting a real Mitsubishi /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif. I'm a dealer for CMPE & right now you can get a full exhaust system with a discounted shipping price of $10 with the sale I just extended which runs through the end of this month.

As most mentioned ETS makes a bolt-on fmic. You will need to cut the bumper support to make it fit if your car still has a usdm bumper. With the jdm bumper no cutting is necessary. Jesse revolution motorsports on here is a dealer for ETS & can get you a better deal than buying directly from ETS.

Last edited by a moderator:

Quote:
I'm a dealer for CMPE & right now you can get a full exhaust system for $10 shipped with the sale I just extended which runs through the end of this month.

Damn that's a hell of a deal. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Damn! That sure is a super deal. I just fixed it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif. Should've read 'discounted shipping price of $10 on any system.

Last edited by a moderator:

You did get my order for 5 of them before the price change ?

On a serious note - I've been looking at that system from ETS - Making me wonder if I should sell what I have (Buscher)
and talk to Jesse about that system.

dsmless

i have the ets front mount with ac and it works great no problem I did have to bend the ac condenser lines to clear the inter cooler pipes but no problem, and if you can save and xpend the extra dough on a good kit so you only buy it once

To comment on the clamp rubbing on the condensor on the driver's side, the piping I have is custom for a downward facing turbo so I made sure it properly cleared the condensor.

dsmless

I too have a downward facing turbo, I had to use a 2 90 degree couplers and and the fittment is very tight but still works great the rest of the piping is ets, so if you have access to a welder or can fab something your home free, will try to snap a pic of the routing

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned