The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Front line cnc stuff

mitsuturbo

Looks fairly pointless.

But... If someone builds it, someone will buy it. Just like the ebay SMIMs, and this bullshit for $200:
amsevo8raceballanceshaft.jpg

JNR

What is it?

I like aluminum goods (but more so stainless steel, mmm), but one thing that bothers me on "CNC stuff" is they don't bother finishing it and you can see the machine marks; just looks cheap and not done IMO, although I'm sure others don't mind and it makes it "look" machined.

Terrance362

Well I am with you on the AMS bull. English racing makes a brace and it is steel, they were my first choice but I came across this one and it looks good. Looking good and performing good are two different things. I'm sure they will give somebody one and if it dose not stand up they will tell us....

G

Staff member
Looks like a transfer case guard? Who makes it?

pot

Staff member
Frontline Fabrications I believe. I was waiting to see if their parts would show up on here so I could a better idea of their practicality. They also make a billet valve cover in the $500.00 neighborhood. Nice stuff but what is the point of the transfer case piece?

GSX_TC

It's a transfercase brace.

turbowop

It's for high horsepower drag guys that break xfer cases constantly. It reinforces it. The English one is an external brace. I think the Frontline piece actually integrates with the original case to provide even more strength supposedly.

Barnes

Is this used in lieu of an aftermarket gear/shaft set? Or in addition to?

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Love to see the FEA on this to judge if it really does anything.

GSX_TC

It's currently being tested on a few cars. His name is Andrew kisner, said once they make it into production they'll be right around the same price as the diff covers, which is just over $400 bucks.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned