The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FP race manifold bolts?

icurunnin

I just received my FP race manifold and was wondering what those of you who run it use for the two short bolts? It looks like the two longs will work for the holes closes to the head. And these manifolds do locate the turbo in the stock location right??

icurunnin

Well crap!! I just bought new o.e. bolts from the stealership and now wont be using them. I guess thats what happens when you change your setup mid point of installing everything /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif
I guess I can just return the stockers and order the ones linked above. still have to port the e3 wastegate passage like dejontool and a few others here.
thanks for the quick reply and the link

dsmer06

You can use two of the oe bolts, and then just get 2 oe o2 bolts. I just needed new ones so I bought a kit.

icurunnin

I called the stealership and ordered 3 more O2 housing bolts. Now I need to find the copper anti-sieze to keep them from being a pain next time I take them off.

CP

I use the two short bolts that came with the manifold /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

They haven't been shipping them with hardware for a while. I used 2 DSM turbo bolts and 2 EVO turbo bolts.

Myles

When I got my FP race manifold from the group buy, FP wanted $35 from for their hardware kit. I ordered two DSM manifold bolts and two evo manifold bolts from JNZ for $11. I can't remember but either the DSM or EVO bolt is longer. Just need two short and two long.

icurunnin

I will try Napa on the anti sieze today since the weather is crap here. I still need to remove the wall between the wastegate and turbine outlet.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned