The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Short route cold pipe

Diego

I picked up a short route cold pipe and its been less then awesome trying to fit this pipe. I went from my turbo TB to a non turbo TB and back again. Added a 2G elbow and I still can't get passed the radiator. I will not cut the frame rails to make this work nor do I want to smash a coupler to make it work. Me and Steve cut out the 4ws lines up front to make a bit more room an still no go.

Can someone enlighten me on what the hell needs to be done to make a short route cold pipe work. I'm nearing the end of my rope of patience.

Pictures or anything will help.

Ps I do not have AC, so that is already out of the way and I am using an ETS type street core I picked up from Paul.

ktmrider

Thought the only way to go short route on a GVR4 is cutting. Old thread from Ricky's short route kit back in the day: click

GL, saw your other post about getting some AMS stuff instead.

Diego

Quoting ktmrider:
Thought the only way to go short route on a GVR4 is cutting. Old thread from Ricky's short route kit back in the day: click

GL, saw your other post about getting some AMS stuff instead.

I had AMS long route piping that I gave to Steve, who has also posted a IC pipe question, for the supposed Dave Brode kit.
I bought a short cold pipe from an individual here who I won't say, but it has been less then awesome with the lack of communication from their end on helping make it work.

I am also using an ETS street type which has the in/outlets on the back of the IC and not a Evo core. I know I have to cut but not the frame rail where this comes out. The seller stated he used a factory Galant radiator but I don't see that working. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Last edited:

92GVR4num65

Some short route pics

click

and an inch or so over would be all we need to pass it through.

Last edited:

92GVR4num65

also this....
click,All_Forums,&Words=%2Bevo%20%2Bfmic%20%2Bpipe&Searchpage=4&Limit=25&Main=754617&Search=true&where=bodysub&Name=&daterange=1&newerval=&newertype=&olderval=&oldertype=&bodyprev=#Post755214

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts