The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FOUND: axles that specifically mate to a 3bolt rear diff with LSD

ctm

I just got a 3 bolt rear diff. So now I'm just looking for the axles that specifically mate to the LSD 3bolt diff. LSD rear axles are of different lengths. The splined section of the driver's side axle is about 4.5 cm long, while that of the passenger axle is much longer and has two parts. The splined sections of axles for a conventional diff are the same length (driver/passenger), at about 5.5 cm long.

note: this applies only to the USDM LSD rear diff with 3.545 ring & pinion (NOT the one with 3.909 ratio).

send PM with details. thanks.

Last edited:

MuffinMan7580

Is that the ratio that came in 5 speed DSM's? I have one out of a galant and one out of a DSM, both are 3-bolts, and both are LSD.

Last edited:

johnnyRacer

If your still looking I have a 3 bolt LSD 3.545 Diff in the for sale section.

Last edited:

ctm

Still looking, but now only for the matching axles for a 3bolt LSD rear diff. Send PM with details.

Boostx - I updated my original post. I don't need a 4 bolt set up at this time. Thanks.

Last edited:

ctm

Much appreciated johnnyRacer!

Others send PM if you have a set of dedicated axles for the 3bolt LSD rear diff. TIA.

Leon_R

All you really need is PS axle (the DS is the same in LSD/nonLSD rear ends). And to take it even farther, the only thing that is different, is the PS splines that go into the pumpkin.

So you can take a nonLSD axle and turn it into LSD axle by swapping the splined cup. I used to it the other way around, because drag racing almost always breaks the DS axle. So for years people would hord the DS axles, but not the PS axles /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

ctm

Still looking.

Leon -So great to see you back and posting! It's been a while and we "newbies" go back to the YAHOO groups days. As always, I appreciate the detailed info. If you have a set (or pertinent subset) of parts then send me a PM with details. TIA

jepherz

Staff member
Quoting Leon_R:
All you really need is PS axle (the DS is the same in LSD/nonLSD rear ends). And to take it even farther, the only thing that is different, is the PS splines that go into the pumpkin.

So you can take a nonLSD axle and turn it into LSD axle by swapping the splined cup. I used to it the other way around, because drag racing almost always breaks the DS axle. So for years people would hord the DS axles, but not the PS axles /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Although the driver's side axle is close, it's not an exact match. click

ctm

jepherz - thanks for the additional info.

johnnyRacer & 123abc - nice to hear from you. happy holidays to you & yours. thanks to Hondasi88 I've found a set. post title revised to reflect this.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned