The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

fog lights

MRmeeTooxD

When I bought 365/1000.. I remembered only one fog working . I crawled right under an just unpluged it , so they were both off. So about after rebuilt I decided to run my fogs an they never worked again. For me being so quick tempered, I just said screw this an ran the lights from headlights... an walahhh they work ok... but not bright at all.. my 194 amber corners are bright ..... can anyone one show me or post pics of what im suppose to check... Im thinking of running my wires to the regular old wires that are from the fog.... Please forum help me fix my ride!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

G

Staff member
Fog lights are for foggy conditions and are not going to be bright and helpful like you want. You need to install driving lights for that.

MRmeeTooxD

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gifthis sucks !! chi271 his freakin fogs are super bright. And mine compared to his are just horrible. How would I be able to basically do what your saying? I mean, I don't have the clip and regular wire set up that comes stock Im sure I can run them to the wires that are down there. Unfortunately, their isn't any power because I tried it last time. Where are my main spots to try fixing?

G

Staff member
Take the money >> click

turbowop

Quoting MRmeeTooxD:
I crawled right under an just unpluged it , so they were both off.

You know there is a switch on the dash that allows you to turn them off, right? Is that switch now in the off position, making you think your foggies don't work now?

curtis

If you ran a wire from the headlights to the fogs your dropping voltage and drop in voltage means not as much light. ATC250 John posted a thread a decade ago about how to modify the factory headlight switch to allow the fogs to burn with low and high beams. As i remember was just stripping the cover back on some wires and crossing them over and some solder. Do that and then chase the wires with a multimeter and put in some new bulbs and flip the foglight switch on. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif It could be a bad relay somewhere thats why I said to chase the sparks.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned