The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Finally got a chance to fix my hideous negative rear camber

Drew84

Thanks, that part looks like it's nice quality. I'll probably end up with two sets, one the Galant, one for the Talon.

GSX_TC

Yeah I'm most likely going to use those for my GSX too. Get with Apexhunter (David) he's the one that sells them.

JSchleim18

Just a heads up...people have had issues with the Ingalls breaking. A better suited arm would be the DIY Afco unit or the Maximal Performance/3SX arms

mitsuturbo

I've read a lot of posts on tooners and the like about the ingalls arms snapping. Onelap GVR4 busted one as well.

They look nice and all, and i'm not really a fan of the heim joint at the end of the DIY's or the Maximal/3sx arms... but i'll tolerate a little rattle/squeak as opposed to something that will break.

Does whiteline still make them, also? I seem to recall seeing something about whiteline control arms and poly bushings...

GSX_TC

I have something by whiteline where it's a yellow bushing with an ecentric bolt, but I wasn't a full adjustable arm so that's why I went with the ingalls, David reccomended them to me. So these things are going to break then?

Drew84

These look like they've been redesigned compared to the ones I saw a few years ago.

The white line bushings get pressed into the factory arms. There is a factory eccentric bolt in the stock location but it doesn't give you as much adjust ability as adding an eccentric bushing.

GSX_TC

Hmmm interesting, I wonder how well these ingalls will hold up then.

spooling92vr4

Keep a good eye on them. I know of a few people here in nyc that have had issues. (Im sure our roads are a bit worse than where your at)

GSX_TC

Will do, thanks for the heads up

turbowop

The Ingalls arms are fine if the jamb nuts stay tight. When they loosen, the arm becomes weaker and can break. Ask me how I know... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

That said, I've had a set on 1051 for over a decade now and haven't had an issue since.

kartorium

Glad you finally fixed that, the car is beginning to look really clean.

All I've heard is negative stuff about the Ingalls arms over the years. Real ballers roll afco! Mark just hasn't reached that Rick Ross Boss status with ten shfifty juan yet

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

GSX_TC

Thanks for the heads up mark, I'll be sure to inspect the jamb nuts on them every now and then.

Last edited:

ApexHunter

Ditto, i think you'll be fine...i haven't had any problems with mine in close to 5 years of owning the car, and they have been on there longer than that.

Anybody looking to purchase, i would recommend going with summit. That is a good price (as good or better than what i can do) and it looks like they will be able to supply them faster.

JNR

The older design had the theaded stud right into the tubing and look much weaker than what is shown in the original post, so hopefully they've improved them.

I have an older pair and was looking at them and comparing and I think I'll rework what I have, or find the correct set location and weld them...don't like the design the more I look at it (for possible problems)...It's good to hear that others have have good luck with the olders though and agree that the locknut is key to have not loosen...guess if there's enough thread, could always double nut them against one another, and some loc-tite, or some sort of safety wire, etc.

GSX_TC

Last but not least, new tires. =) next is engine rebuild along with a few other odds and ends before the shootout.

IMG_4319.jpg

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned