The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Alignment specs for street/mild performance usage?

Armitage

Hey guys, I'm finally finished with with my front end and it's time for an alignment. The Evo8 struts got new DSM shims this weekend and they're welded in place with the correct bolt hole sizes so it'll fix the "variable camber" issue. Now's the time to get an alignment.

I'm curious if anyone's got any recommended settings that are both good for normal street use but also for occasional competition including RallyX and track days. I've got camber plates in the front and I was thinking of getting a mild performance alignment for the street and then dialing in more negative camber in the front for competition. I do want to maximize my tire life because the VR-4 is my daily driver.

For the back I'm thinking keeping it close to stock. I really just want to minimize understeer and make the car rotate as easily as possible.

Any suggestions?

CP

Got a bigger rear swayabr yet?

I've been over -3* in front when I began to track my car and it was a little much for the street. I'd suggest going with around -2* in front, -1.5* in back (my current setup for street-only). Take it to an alignment shop that'll tune the car to your EXACT specs, not just within the "acceptable range for your car according to the computer." That means ZERO (exactly) toe at all four corners.

Brianawd

I did -1.5 up front and -1.0 out back with 0 Toe all the way around.

Armitage

Rear swaybar is from a 1g DSM. It's marginally larger than the stock bar, but I don't know how much stiffer it is.

vr4play

I am running -1.2 deg in front and -0.8 in the rear with a whiteline 22mm rear bar on my street car. The car is perfect for the street. I handles really well even with the snow tires on it, and they are wearing great.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned