The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

fic 750cc dial in

gtproto

I got some new FIC 750cc injectors and am trying to get them dialed in. global is -40 and deadtime 325, when i started the car and logged on v3 my airlfow per rev was way high at .45-.48 were it should be closer to .25 i tried moving my tables slightly with no difference and also moved deadtime up a little still no differnece. I new to tuning but that seems way off, am i missing something? This may be a stupid question as the car is going in for a tune late september. Im just trying to get it to drive well enough to get there without having to tow it.

VR6Eater

I am running -44.1% and dead time at 310 on RC 750's. You can try it if you want.

tek_88

Have you watched the 101 videos posted on ecmlink? You adjust the sliders down if airflow/rev is high.

manikbastrd

What kind of intake setup are you running? Are you on stock maf and stock intake? If not, don't worry about it so much. From what I understand, having a perfect AF/Rev is not as important as getting rid of knock, and tuning the car to have a good AF ratio.

prove_it

You do need to be in the .23-.30 range. It will effect your driving feel and lets you get short term and long term trims in line. If you can't get in this range then something is wrong mechanically and needs to be addressed, not ignored or "tuned around".

gtproto

i watched the videos, but he was only going from .29 down to .25 im up at .47 and don't feel comfortable moving sliders that much in order to compensate. The engine was just rebuilt 5000 miles ago and really dont want to cause any damage from leaning it out to bad.

prove_it

You won't go lean at idle as long as your in closed loop. At WOT you just watch the wideband and if it goes lean you let off and make adjustments.

Is this a stroker? That will put you over .30 on AFperRev.

strokin4dr

What mas are you using? Or is it speed density???

tek_88

I would suggest doing a BLT. I run an evo8 maf+880cc and my airflow/rev is hovering around 24-26 at idle.

Last edited:

ghostinthevr4

^^This check everything else too your TPS volts should be 0.63 at a warmed up idle your mechanical timing has to be spot on, check your base fuel pressure.
Once you calculate your global set it and leave it alone to tune the idle you change the dead time based off what the combined FT wants. If it says 10 on Combined FT add 10 if it says -10 take away -10 from dead time.

You also have to make sure your car is warmed up at the operating tempature, don't start making adjustments when it's cold. Set your maf to Evo 8 default if you have to adjust the sliders the 50mHZ slider is the one that you use for idle.

You may have to let the car idle for a while once you get your Lo Fuel trim to read + or - 5 your good to go.

Don't get overwhelmed, just try to do one step at a time to get the fuel trim and the AFR's in check.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned