The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Evo fins

mcbride89

I know I might get scolded for this but I really like the look of the evo shark fins on the vr4. But only with a wingless trunk.

Are these universal and we just cut to fit on our car or what?

Ant

EHmotorsports

Im actually interested in the Vortex generators if they actually work. There are kits on Ebay for the galant.

jnava

Staff member
wait for it.........

blacksheep

3qi0fx.jpg

transparentdsm

brunoboy had one on his, it didnt look half bad, it was carbonfiber though. i was actually thinking about doing one on my vr4 because its wingless, but i would get it painted the same color as the car before i put it on.

mcbride89

Hahahaha I'm loving the memes

I knew I was gonna take flack for it. But here, like this guy I'm friends with in Instagram has it on his KG vr4 and I think it actually looks pretty tough.
869B42DE-81F4-4D3E-A410-EF02D1CEA049-4646-0000054A6FB53100.jpg

Lol all the purist on here. I'm not tryna "rice" it out. But I think with a Jdm front and rear with a wingless trunk, it'll look good...

Ant

prove_it

Evo generators will fit.

GSX_TC

Quoting blacksheep:
3qi0fx.jpg

boostx

Quoting luis84one:
how are they attached? double sided tape?

yes

GreenGSX

I have to admit that vortex generators, wings, splitters, and other add-ons for aero always seemed a bit childish to me. Until I started using them. Curtis is correct that the One Lap VR4 has vortex generators. They are the stick type from EBay. I think they were $20. I followed the Mitsubishi white paper figure out how and where to install them. Here is a link to a "string-tunnel" test on a stock VR4.

click

Notice the yarn in the center of the glass? Its blowing all different directions because the air is separating from the car and tumbling down the glass. Now think of a really cool wing mounted to that trunk and having it see nothing but a big ball of tumbling air? Not very efficient.

With the VG's installed I can see water just roll strait down the glass in the rain which indicates that the air is still attached to the glass as it heads down towards the trunk lid.

But nothing speaks higher about aero then our time at Daytona. In 2009 when we did Daytona with no aero Steve said the car was all over the place scary at 135mph. This year with the aero (wing, spliter, VG) Steve managed 145mph and said it was rock solid. When I went out I hit "H". If you want to know what "H" is go out and look at your speedo and see what comes after 155mph. Rock solid and it felt like I could have gone faster. I am sold on aero.

Tim

jnava

Staff member
So it is functional, but only at actual high speeds with use of other aero products.

GreenGSX

All aero stuff is speed dependent. In my opinion street cars only need aero add-on stuff either for fuel economy or style. Put a car on a race track and aero becomes really, really important.

For those of you who drag race doing things likr controlling how the air separates from the car and finding ways of letting trapped air out of the car, like with holes in the rear bumper, have proven to be worth both ET and mph. So to me it doesn't matter if you run the VG for style or for function. I know they work and I think they look cool on a VR4 too.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned