The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

ets fitment with jdm bumper and foglights

jnava

Staff member
Has anyone seen any clearance issues with jdm fogs and ets fmic?

5OF2k

as long as its not wider than 33-34" you should be ok. My last core was 34" and it BARELY cleared my JDM foglights.

SouthCaliVR4

I have The ets kit w/a jdm bumper & projector fogs. Everything fit just just fine when I had it together.

jnava

Staff member
Thanks for the responses.

CutlassJim

Quoting SouthCaliVR4:
I have The ets kit w/a jdm bumper & projector fogs. Everything fit just just fine when I had it together.

I can + juan this. If you have an early ETS kit with the tab mounts it can be an issue but PM me and I can help you with a solution.

BluFalcon

Juan,
You've seen my car. ETS FMIC kit with new style mounting brackets and JDM bumper with projector fogs installed. No clearance issues with it at all.

Last edited:

James

Quoting Hondasi88:
check my FS thread....ETS kit FMIC with bumper and lights. No issues at all!

Hopefully ill have an ETS kit soon /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

BluFalcon

Juan,
Per our conversation earlier today....I did have to trim the bottom of the bumper cover slightly to clear the bottom of the ETS core. Sorry...it's been awhile since I thought about even driving let alone working on my car.

jnava

Staff member
I trimmed the bumper and it was a whole different story when bolting it up. I knew something was up when I was having difficulties intalling it.

BluFalcon

The newer ETS cores include tabs that bolt to the core support/unibody rather than the USDM bumper support like the 1st generation cores did. Makes it easier to use the core with a JDM bumper. The newer cores also have a larger diameter hotside/inlet pipe than the older cores. A/C equipped cars may have some clearance issues with the hotside piping on the newer cores because ETS used a car without A/C installed when they mocked up the piping and intercooler inlet.

5OF2k

damn, can hardly see it! I like!

Makes me wish MY JDM front wasnt cut...

-Jake

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned