The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

End of the road for 205/1000?

turbowop

We all already know, dude. WE GET IT. You're preaching to the f***ing choir. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/3deek3.gif

If I were looking seriously at a car in the for sale forum, I would probably (and I hope others would as well) ask for underbody pics via PM or whatever. It just gets annoying when almost the only posts you make are in that forum asking for underbody pics. I swear you get jollys off on pointing out cars for sale that have been driven in salt. Guess what? A lot of them have. They're 21-22 years old and you're gonna find a lot of them with corrosion. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nowai.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Last edited:

Gizmovr4

I have restored a lot of cars. I think you owe it to yourself to take the car to a restoration shop in your area for an estimate. If the car was mine I would source two used fenders that have the bottoms intact. I would cut the bottoms off the donor fenders and weld them onto your exiting fenders- so I wouldn't disturb the original paint on the car which still looks great. I would cut out all the rust and fab the parts - keep in mind that all these parts are covered !!

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
From what KC showed us, I don't think underbody pics would have even revealed the condition adequately.

blacksheep

I have underbody pics the previous owner sent me. Here are some I saved. The only rust he said that was worrisome was on the bottom of the front doors which seemed very surface like. By no means am I saying the previous owner pulled one on me either. It is very localized and well hidden. Its just my dumb luck.

blacksheep

Gizmo - I showed it to my buddy who does a lot of rust repair on hondas around here. Like cuts off full rear quarters and crap to fix them up. He said it would cost about 2500-3500 to fix it. he said you would literally need to cut frame rail all the way up the footboard and such. We checked keystone and we cannot find these parts anywhere...So, we will need a donor car and cut these off and graft them on. Anyways, that's what he said.

I will get better pics of the car in a few days.

EDIT - I believe Jeremy Clark also has 2 fenders in Nile Black even possibly which are not rusted. So, I could find fenders to go with the car.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts