The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

ECU MOUNTING

can anyone post a pic of how and where the ecu is mounted.

as of now its hanging down on the passenger side floor with almost no slack.

im almost positve its from a 92 talon (1g mounting tabs) im clueless unless i see
how one is mounted.

Woody

The 1g ecu can not be mounted in the galant because the ecu casing is different,stock location for the galant is under the dash on the passenger side,right above the kick panel.

The DSM ECU has arms with nuts in them that stick out both sides of the ECU case. The GVR-4 ECU only has 2 prongs with rubber on them that stick out the back, and 2 round holes in the connector side of the case to bolt to the chassis.

GVR4_1057

Rubber feet go up toward A pillar sticker part goes toward the center of the car. This is what the Galant ECU case looks like.
img.php

Muskrat

All you need is the part that the board screws on to. I think any 6th gen Galant should have the same ECU case, so just go to a junk yard and grab that part. I'd keep the top cover from the actual board (with the part number sticker) so you always know what board is in there.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned