The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Gauge pods.

JackstandTSi

This is prolly a ricer post but Im just wondering does anyone have there gauges mounted in places other than the Pillar or under the radio with pics. For me i like my interior to be cool and appealing to me, seeing how i sit behind the wheel of the car. Ive seen 1 person with them on the center dash, and i believe *Correct if im wrong* but someone had them mounted where the reading lights/sunroof switches are. I think i saw it in a rally video that someone posted up here. Does anyone have that link by chance? I couldn't find it.

Thanks,
Andrew.

cheekychimp

Mine may or may not have been the one in the dash you saw. I did it like this!

Overall I am pleased with how it came out. I am thinking of doing another one for my other car. When I do it again I want to try and use the clip in base which will make installation far easier but it doesn't look as easy as I had hoped so I might have have to stay with this version and figure out a way to mount it without pulling the dash!

Also in the last pic you can see how I mounted three gauge cups in a manual A/C centre panel. Obviously that solution may not work for you if you are keeping the A/C but by mounting the cups at the correct angle it actually gives the driver a decent view of the gauges.

cheekychimp

Point taken. Someone also did a nice mod to the factory speedo surround putting a gauge on each side. A friend of mine works with fiberglass on speaker installs and I'm thinking about getting a spare surround and having him do something similar for me for the daily.

Here it is click I like this a lot! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

Found this link for something similar click

This one has two gauges each side!

Sun Visor mount click

And a thread of various other gauge setups! click

Last edited:

JamesFoster

Quoting turbowop:
I like them where I can see them at a glance while driving.

I agree with this wholeheartedly. I don't want to have to look down to the radio pocket to see my gauges. Also, I love my touchscreen double-din radio and wouldn't want to sacrifice it. I have them in the a-pillar like 1051 but I was thinking about also doing them on the speaker pod. Might look cluttered a bit but I wouldn't have to lose my line of sight with the road to see them.

SleepinGVR4

Hey Mark you got your gauge pod for 1051 from Paulo right? Isn't it all one piece?

If so you lucked out because his site, which I believe was click, is no longer active.

Last edited:

quato

I am loving the gauges integrated into the stock cluster. I haven't taken one apart yet but I'm curious as to how much room there is for a gauge behind the clusters. Would I have to take the gauge itself apart? I'm going the '89 manual seatbelt route soon and will be getting rid of my a-pillar pods to include my below stereo gauges. In their place I am looking at the new Greddy multi DA so I can go down to just one gauge.

If any of the people who did this could give some pointers I would greatly appreciate it!

mitsu90

here is my wideband location

385632_540835922599150_645671997_n.jpg

JNR

I like the dash pod, but wouldn't want to get rid of the badge (suppose you could trim the back around it though?)..not into a-pillar stuff, but it does have a good functional aspect...sucks we don't have many options to run gauges and agree it'd be best to have them in "glancing view" (esp. boost). Mine are below the radio and sort of useless there...might mount the boost gauge somewhere else though, just don't know where (no hacking the car), but could come up with something if I sat down and looked at it.

Last edited:

citymunky

Quoting mitsu90:

Do you have any more pics, this has been something I wanted to do for a while.

mitsu90

Its the zeitronix hacker gauge. I snap a couple more pix when I get home

strokin4dr

That is pretty cool.

Quoting mitsu90:

citymunky

Quoting mitsu90:
Its the zeitronix hacker gauge. I snap a couple more pix when I get home

oh, I was thinking it was the Innovate DB gauge. I know the zeitronix hacker is petty small, and would be a easy to fit inside the clock housing.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned