The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

ecu mount

Brunoboy

anyone have a diagram of this? Im pretty sure my new ecu wont fit, because the tabs dont look like they line up. BUT I bought my car with the ecu under the passenger side floor mat so havent really figured out where it goes. Just wondering if anyone has a picture, and if anyone is using a eclipse ecu how did you put it where you did? Thanks
-shane

Brunoboy

what do you mean cases? I never had a galant case in my car when I got it. so I dont know what its supposed to look like.

The ECU's are both the same however the case around the ecu is different in the sense that the Galant ECU housing has different mounting tabs. I'm sure if you search around here or other dsm sites you can find a photo comparison.

The Galant ECU just has 2 prongs that stick out the top, to guide it into the top mount, and 2 round holes at the bottom, to bolt it to the chassis. You can see part of the 2 rubber top guides in this picture:
For Sale ECU
Ahhhh! Here's a better set of pictures:
Another For Sale

Brunoboy

i think imma drill off the tabs on mine and make brackets to bolt it up there... -_- thanks for the help, i am just tired of people stepping on it

strokin4dr

Just go in the junk yard and pull an ecu out of any base model galant (or even early mirage and some other models), take the ecu board out and just buy the case. Then bolt your ecu board in it and be done with it. Why go through the trouble of hacking up an eclipse case to make it work when the correct case can be found cheap and easily???

Brunoboy

i didnt know the thing came outta the case -___-

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts