The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Ecm chip legs

prove_it

Is it possible to fix the legs on a socketed ecm chip? Buddy of mine just broke his off.

MellowVR4

+1^ On this subject. I have a 750cc keydiver chip that one pin busted off. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif I was gona take it to some one that works with small electronics and see if they can do this type of repair. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

tektic

copy the code to a new chip. chip is useless its the code that's important.

Actually if you want mail it to me I have a bunch of blanks. Ill make you a new one.

prove_it

Really? How much sir? You might get some business.

Andy_S

Quoting MellowVR4:
+1^ On this subject. I have a 750cc keydiver chip that one pin busted off. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif I was gona take it to some one that works with small electronics and see if they can do this type of repair. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

I can copy and reburn chips.

prove_it

So you guys can copy the chips when the legs are broke off then?

MellowVR4

Cool Andy, we will be in touch because I do wanna get it taken care of. Do you still have the same phone number?

MX4

Also it depends on what leg is broken. Not every leg is required from memory once the .bin file has been programmed onto the EPROM.

Andy_S

Quoting MellowVR4:
Cool Andy, we will be in touch because I do wanna get it taken care of. Do you still have the same phone number?

Yes, same number. I'll order up more chips so I'll have them when you're ready.

tektic

I have like 30 chips around my office. $5 for the blank & shipping sound good?
I just use a paper clip or the like to make contact while the chip gets read. It only take a few seconds.

pm me or email me for the address [email protected]

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts