The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

e316g options

Kenny_Kline

A ported exhaust housing will do nothing for you if you have a stock unported manifold. Get a 2g manifold, the end! Also, who is to say the port work was done right? I can take care of all of it for you Mase, Just let me know. Here are some pics of my port work.

PIC-0079.jpg

7cmhotside.jpg

6cmhtside2.jpg

02housing2.jpg

6cmhotise3.jpg

o2housing.jpg

portedunported.jpg

DSC03675.jpg

Last edited:

Guess im gonna have to have you over for beers with Chris some night so we can get to the bottom of what I need. Since I can't get the f'in manifold out. It's only the one bolt behind the power steering. Can't get the power steering out because the belt is in the way so I can't get the manifold out! lol I phail /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Kenny_Kline

Wait so you cant get the power steering pump out because of a belt? I dont understand. It really doesnt matter because I would cut the power steering belt, take off the pump, take out all lines, and take out the steering rack. PROBLEM SOLVED!!! 4WS delete you ask? How about a power steering delete. I ordered myself a manual rack from a base model eclipse (1.8L) and its direct bolt in. No more power steering BS. Very easy to turn. Next, I would take off the entire driver motor mount and cut it off. I will provide some pics to show you. Its SO much easier to work in the engine bay and get around. You have no idea. I bought my Galant 100% stock and right from the get, I knew what needed to go so when I took turbo out, I did it all right there. Its really all free stuff just labor mostly.

With motor mount:
may182008005.jpg

Motor mount modification:
DSC03673.jpg

CLose up:
DSC03674.jpg

Much cleaner, wouldnt you agree?
s16g.jpg

DSC03698.jpg

DSC03787.jpg

DSC03943.jpg

Kenny_Kline

ALso, make sure you put red loctite on the center stud on the bottom of the manifold. That thread goes into an oil hole. Known to leak so just dont throw the stud in and think you are done. You will have an oil leak if you dont put some high temp something on that thread.

Good to know ^^

Not sure on the deletes of the steering pump and motor mounts. Maybe sometime down the road. Just not sure im ready at this point. Not sure I will even like the car still once I get the 16g in...

Kenny_Kline

16G + $500-$700 later, legit 12second car.

At the least, cut the driver motor mount. Its not actually a delete of the motor mount. It just gets rid of 2 of 4 mounting points. When you get the poly bushings in the torque mounts (front and back) its perfectly safe. If anything, stronger.

I can understand not wanting to delete the power steering pump but once you do it, you will thank yourself when working on these cars.

I'm certainly not ruling it out (power steering). Just not ready for it. What do you do to cut the mount? Take a dremel to it? I just can't believe that the diff. between the 14 and the e316g is going to be that big. I'm just hoping. They seem to similar in size.

Kenny_Kline

Use a cut off wheel, electric saw on a vice, whatever works. After, I cut a piece of metal square and welded it to the end of mount for a cleaner look instead of a box opening. Then gave a quick spray of black spray pint. Of course none of that is needed. Just cut it and be done. Much easier to work in the front, TRUST ME!

mase... any time you need help man let me know.. my aim is ' b00sted civic ' we could bang that new turbo install out quick /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I guess I will keep things going here. I finally got the turbo out this afternoon and am ashamed that this much took me this long. I usually just get so frustrated I have to take a break /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

At any rate I figured I would post some pics up so people could take a look and let me know if they see any glaring issues I need to deal with before installing the e3. I am thinking off the bat I want to pick up a 2g manifold because it look nicer and flows better. If anyone has any recommendations let me know. At any rate...here comes the pics!!!

1badgvr4

Go get some brake cleaner, purple power, and a wire brush to clean up before you put your new turbo on.

Just inlets, etc or? Not really sure what this thing is supposed to look like without the full new built engine so hehehe

1badgvr4

I mean the block, water pipe, head, and the alt. Anything that is dirty around that area. Hate to see a new turbo hanging off of a dirty motor.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned