The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

door lock problem

so i am having a problem with my power locks it is more annoying than anything. what it does is everytime i open the drivers door unless the key is in the ignition it locks i have never had anything do this and want to get it fixed thanx

DR1665

Your description is a bit vague, but I suspect you might be talking about the doors locking on their own, seemingly at random. This happens from time to time. There is a solenoid which moves the lock up and down. If there is any binding, the solenoid will reverse direction to keep from burning itself up and such.

From what I've seen (since I've got similar issues), the only real solution is to pull the door cards, inspect all the linkages between the lock tab/button/thing-you-push/pull-to-lock/unlock-on-the-top-of-the-door, and lube where necessary. You might have to replace a solenoid (or disable the power locks altogether).

ok i will try that but it is not really at random the only time it does it is when you open the drivers door it locks all the doors and sets the security. it wont do it if the key is in the ignition though it acts just like you were to lock the door. if you unlock it after you get in it is fine tell you open the door then it locks and it does it every time you open the driver door. none of the other doors do it

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned