The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Door jamb switch? Where can I get one?

SmoothCustomer

Mine's real flakey (the one that does the dome light and the door open light on the dash. Auto parts stores do not have them, and I'm not going to pay to have one shipped. Does anybody know where to get one? I know it's the same as a 1g.
Thanks

SmoothCustomer

That's a good idea actually there are plenty of 1gs around in our yards. They are all still too far away though to bother. You have PM though.

Hertz

Staff member
They're very simple switches... it'd have to be really messed up to not be fixable. Pull it out (remove boot, 1 screw, unclip) and just clean the contacts, maybe regrease, reinstall.

prove_it

Don't forget to regrease the contacts, that keeps the contacts from arching and wearing out over time. Easier to do it once and forget it.

THEKID

stm sells them new here check it out clickey

THEKID

i s#it the bed i did not notice the 95-99 sorry my bads. on a side note i just noticed my title maby its just me but i dont get it.

Hertz

Staff member
It might fit, maybe someone with a 2G could let us know.

That was a quote from a craigslist ad you posted.

prove_it

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

I forgot that post. Now I will always remember.

G

Staff member
That 2g switch is an upgrade & fits 1g's perfectly. So if gvr4's use the same switch as a 1g then it will work. That 2g is sealed plastic unit much better against corrosion.

THEKID

Quoting Hertz:

That was a quote from a craigslist ad you posted.

that was not my post on craigs list

THEKID

i under stand that i posted the link for the ad on here i misread what hertz wrote i took it as if he meant i posted the craigslist ad. thats what i was talking about

Hertz

Staff member
I know that wasn't your car. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif If it was, we'd ban you. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

So what did we learn today? 2g door switch should be a direct replacement for VR-4s ... and... check your title, you never know when it will change.

THEKID

touche you got me there

hertz-2

kid-0

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned