The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Door insides rusting at the bottom

4dr_vr4

My doors are rusting at the bottom below the molding and only on the inside. Previous owner said that a wire brush would clean it up, but it is a bit more than that.

How can I take care of these areas and stop the rust? I could always use POR 15 after brushing/sanding/wire brushing etc., but I am worried that I won't be able to get all of the rust out and will be wasting my time. There is a seam at the bottom of the doors and figure that rust could be getting in there as well.

Is there anything that I can do about this?

Thanks

G

Staff member
The rust is most likely originating between the door skin and frame. So it will continue to come back if you only repair the surface.

4dr_vr4

Well thanks for leveling with me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

trunks

I've been spraying that Eastwood stuff on there. My car is silver and so is the paint so it works out good for me. Hasn't come back this time for a while.

4dr_vr4

Please expand on which Eastwood stuff you are using and if possible how bad your rust is. My car is BG (someone said they like to rust more) but I can always use touchup paint or even nothing at all since it is not in an obvious spot.

Thanks

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned