The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Door handle paint guard - buy now!

Ian M

Not my cup of tea,those things are '80s ugly IMO. I wish I had a few sets though,I'd make a hellava deal for you guys. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Last edited:

nickbuilt

Quoting Ralli380Gvr4:
Quoting JSchleim18:
I don't think they look terrible:

IMO they look the best on the fastest color /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

hey you guys didnt ask if you could use my car for examples! not fair lol just kidding i like them i went with them because it saves my door from getting scratched after i painted my car!

-nick

cheekychimp

Quoting jepherz:
And what's up with filing charges for high shipping charges? It's "shipping and handling", he can charge whatever he wants. Nobody is forcing you to buy them...

Quoting steveGLS:
Truf, and if he gets in trouble for the high shipping charges, he will just have to lower them and then increase the price of the product even more to make up for the extra fees. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

But that really is my point. He might not be doing anything illegal but he is clearly attempting to deceive buyers. If he was completely open and wanted people to know up front that they would need to pay $135 a set, he'd sell them for $130 with a $5 flat international shipping rate. He wants people to jump on the 'buy it now' because they see a more reasonable price and then once they are committed to the sale he sticks them another $50 knowing that they cannot back out. Ebay has a clear policy about not overcharging for shipping and this is exactly the reason why.

cheekychimp

Quoting jepherz:
It's "shipping and handling", he can charge whatever he wants.

And that's not strictly true. Ebay states:-

Quote:
When using calculated shipping, make sure the calculated cost isn't higher than the actual shipping cost. If so, it's considered excessive shipping, which isn't allowed on eBay.

How can charging $49.00 for shipping be fair in view of the above when it is delivered flat rate by regular post in a cardboard box without insurance, without recorded delivery, with $4.50 in postage on the box?

Cardboard boxes must be f***ing expensive in Thailand.

Quoting jepherz:
Nobody is forcing you to buy them...

That is very true but the same could be said for any item that you pay for that is not significantly as described, damaged or does not arrive etc. No one forced you into the transaction but that doesn't give the seller the right to screw you over it!

I thought about replicating them but that shipping charge is what stopped me from buying them. If Shawn donates them, then I'd definately get them done.

Ralli380Gvr4

Do it Shawn!

maroonmetallic

Quoting Garfield Wright:
I thought about replicating them but that shipping charge is what stopped me from buying them. If Shawn donates them, then I'd definately get them done.

PM sent!

SmoothCustomer

Yeah, not a fan of the look. Although if replicas were made I might grab a set just to throw on the pile of parts I know I won't be able to get forever. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned