The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Dont hate me RIP 1900/2000

92_talon_awd

Quoting GSX_TC:
Wtf man... This is why I can't push myself to sell any of my cars, because this might happen to it with the next owner.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

That's what happened to both of my previous DSM's. Spent years building them and perfecting them, DD them without major issues for years each. Sold them and they were blown up within weeks. Don't know how it happens. My beautiful blue 1g got parted out, at least the new owner of my 2g rebuilt the thing.

Last edited:

Jesus_Negros

Quoting 92_talon_awd:
Quoting GSX_TC:
Wtf man... This is why I can't push myself to sell any of my cars, because this might happen to it with the next owner.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

That's what happened to both of my previous DSM's. Spent years building them and perfecting them, DD them without major issues for years each. Sold them and they were blown up within weeks. Don't know how it happens. My beautiful blue 1g got parted out, at least the new owner of my 2g rebuilt the thing.

If you don't want to worry about that happening then dont sell it. As far as I know the car is his so he can drive it of a cliff or use it to experiment with explosives for all I care. It's an object not a living creature.

Kibby

Much like im doing restoring my crx, its not about it being a living creature. Its the level of pride and the feeling we have from all the dedication we put into something. Some of us get the hurt feels when we see one of our own being destroyed or ruined. Especially when a car is so rare does a form of hoarding come around where you want to utilize every available piece. I for one have many spare parts for my honda ill probably never ever use or need. But i have then if i need them.

Jesus_Negros

^ yeah but it's his. He can destroy it or improve it to his liking. Maybe he lives seeing his truck rub over cars he no longer has use for as much as you like building your crx. If he did it to a Chrysler Lebaron you wouldn't care but there are people who love those too. It doesn't matter how rare the object is how much you or anyone else who has no say in what he does with his things think yall love it. What he does with it really and I mean really has no affect on anyone here. Let's not be Drama Queens, it's not like he's running over a puppy on purpose.

jcgalntvr4-244

What a f***ing waste.....

slugsgomoo

the only thing worth saving body wise on that car was the cladding if I remember right, all the sheet metal was completely trashed by hail, so I don't really blame him, and it looks like most of the useful parts were already stripped.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ughdunno.gif

I've cut up a vr4 with a sawzall though, so YMMV.

BpuVR4

Quoting turbowop:
The shell was in pretty rough shape from what I can remember. Lots of top surface hail damage.

always suspected due to his screenname haha.

WaRrIoRs16

Its his, he has a right to do what he wants with it, but we can still get worked up about it. What if someone just went out and bought a clean vr-4 and dropped it off a cliff. If that wouldn't make your blood boil a little bit then your heart isn't really in your galant, object or not. With all the blood, sweat, and tears put into my galant, I can't help but have an attachment to the well being of galants, mine or some random strangers.

Hopefully I don't upset anyone, but that video makes me sick. If you don't want to strip it and sell everything, at least let someone else do it before it gets used as a broom.

92_talon_awd

Quoting Turbro_Negro:
^ yeah but it's his. He can destroy it or improve it to his liking. Maybe he lives seeing his truck rub over cars he no longer has use for as much as you like building your crx. If he did it to a Chrysler Lebaron you wouldn't care but there are people who love those too. It doesn't matter how rare the object is how much you or anyone else who has no say in what he does with his things think yall love it. What he does with it really and I mean really has no affect on anyone here. Let's not be Drama Queens, it's not like he's running over a puppy on purpose.

But if it was his puppy to do with as he pleased.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Street Surgeon

Could have definitely used the window trim bits, and probably the weather stripping just to save away /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Jesus_Negros

Quoting WaRrIoRs16:
Its his, he has a right to do what he wants with it, but we can still get worked up about it. What if someone just went out and bought a clean vr-4 and dropped it off a cliff. If that wouldn't make your blood boil a little bit then your heart isn't really in your galant, object or not. With all the blood, sweat, and tears put into my galant, I can't help but have an attachment to the well being of galants, mine or some random strangers.

Hopefully I don't upset anyone, but that video makes me sick. If you don't want to strip it and sell everything, at least let someone else do it before it gets used as a broom.

Yeah I chopped up my Galant years ago /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

1dvsdsm

the total dick move was posting it here in video. no one really cares what you do with your stuff. but that was just rude

Last edited:

Wookalar

It's his car, I really have no opinion on it negative or positive. I suppose it helps to increase the value of running non rusty gallants a bit more. So the average price of galants just went from 4500 to 4575. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Jesus_Negros

Little high Wooklar. I think the avg Gvr4 is probably in turd shape. $4,575 is pretty high for a turd.

Wookalar

Hmm, not really looking to split hairs but I suppose condition could be a matter of opinion, where as one person might find a particular car of average condition, another might find it of below or above average condition. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

IMO 3500 = below average condition. 4500 average condition. 5500+ above average condition.

Either way I'm not mad that OP scrapped his car.

Jesus_Negros

Yes but the average Galant VR4 is not running...so...

Wookalar

You should stop eating paint chips.

prove_it

Quoting Turbro_Negro:
Yes but the average Galant VR4 is not running...so...

He speaks the truth...

slugsgomoo

I started mine up on Saturday, went out, smoked the tires, and came back and parked it again. Might drive it friday though. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsdunno.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned